Mwmanus' Noble Team Build Thread (Jorge in-progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mama Duck Dirtdives attempts to protect her little ducklings from the glorious sight of mwmanus' foam skils, but she is unable to save them, as she to is caught in the maelstrom of mwmanus!

Mama Duck Dirtdives....
1-1244733932nxv7.jpg

The build quality on this is I think the best I have seen.... There are no seams or anything, its like you used magic to make all the pieces fit so Papeesheewooshy!

Capital F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. man, props(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y).

Dirtdives!!!! LOOK, ITS YOUR MAMA!!!
Hi Dirtdives's momma:D.

The build quality on this is I think the best I have seen.... There are no seams or anything, its like you used magic to make all the pieces fit so Papeesheewooshy!

Capital F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. man, props(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y).

Dirtdives!!!! LOOK, ITS YOUR MAMA!!!
Hi Dirtdives's momma:D.

Haha thank you! I really appreciate that! And i just use the magic of contact cement!

Your build is simply amazing. The cuts and seems are just perfect. The time and care are very evident.
I can only assume power tools are being used to get your lines to be the spot on.

Your build is simply amazing. The cuts and seems are just perfect. The time and care are very evident.
I can only assume power tools are being used to get your lines to be the spot on.

Thank you! And power tools have only been used on a few parts, like parts with very round edges like on the back of the backpack, other than that, its just contact cement, a steady hand, and lots of patience and concentration

mwmanus, can you briefly explain your contact cement method.......how is it applied? I've never used the stuff.

mwmanus, can you briefly explain your contact cement method.......how is it applied? I've never used the stuff.

I just do what it says on the label, brush some on both surfaces to be joined, let it dry, press them together, done...crisp, quick, clean, beautiful edges. Its pretty simple

Its not as great of a bond as hot glue, but it gets the job done obviously

do you ues hot glue at all? would you know how it would react to hot glue reinforcement on the inside of the joint?

do you ues hot glue at all? would you know how it would react to hot glue reinforcement on the inside of the joint?

Yeah i use hot glue to reinforce the seams on the insides. contact cement doesn't fully cure until after about 72 hours and heat can undo the seams a little, but i haven't had any issue with them coming completely undone or anything and the hot glue fills in what it undoes, so its no big deal. However, if you use a heat gun to shape your foam, either do it before you glue pieces together or wait out the 72 hours because the seams will start to open up if you're not careful

Yeah....that's what I was afraid of.......I could wait 3 day between piece like that......not a patient person.

Yeah....that's what I was afraid of.......I could wait 3 day between piece like that......not a patient person.

Yeah i'm not either, i just heat form any pieces before i glue them, but i don't wait for it cure to add the hot glue on the inside, it doesn't seem to hurt it too bad

You heat foam before glue? Iv'e never heard of that before. I always thought you heat seal it after the piece had been assembled.

You heat foam before glue? Iv'e never heard of that before. I always thought you heat seal it after the piece had been assembled.

No, i heat form them before i glue them. Theres not really a point to heat sealing unless you're not plasti-dipping the finished piece, which i would consider a mistake

Wait.......So if I don't plasta-dip I should heat seal....but if do dip, I shouldn't heat seal, which you think is a mistake? Is that right or backwards?

Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?

Griselda: Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!

Hawkins: They *broke* the chalice from the palace?

Griselda: And replaced it with a flagon.

Hawkins: A flagon...?

Griselda: With the figure of a dragon.

Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.

Griselda: Right.

Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?

Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Griselda: Just remember that.

Wait.......So if I don't plasta-dip I should heat seal....but if do dip, I shouldn't heat seal, which you think is a mistake? Is that right or backwards?

Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?

Griselda: Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!

Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?

Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

:lol::lol::lol:

No i'm saying you should plasti-dip. i'm saying i consider it a mistake not to plasti-dip. it seals the foam, reinforces it and gives you a good, smooth surface to paint on. theres no reason to heat seal it if you're just going to seal it with plasti-dip anyway. Heat sealing only has a purpose if you're not sealing it in some other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back