Props my AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
papamurf812 said:
How much money would you be willing to put in? They have digital counters, but you could just paint on the details.
a digital counter would be nice but idk how hard it will be to drill thru the resin to insert the counter. I mean it was easy for the maglight and barrel but idk about a counter. If i did get a counter tho this gun would be so bad ass

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making one from a stirofoam ( srry bout spelling if wrong) board. I cut it out and sanded around everything, now what?

kiba963 said:
I'm making one from a stirofoam ( srry bout spelling if wrong) board. I cut it out and sanded around everything, now what?
i have no clue man, mine was a resin ar and your making one out of styrofoam.

nice! Also Adam, you should print marks on your molds! So no one can say they made it. (however i'msure sum people would put some bondo or what ever over it to cover it up....so i guess it wouldn't help anyway but it's a suggestion!)

I do not understand this angst that users of this forum seem to have against people recasting items. Technically no one is authorized to be producing and selling products with the likeness of video game items unless they have been licensed to do so. You may put a great deal of work into creating a prop or model of an item but that does not grant you any rights to it nor any legal protections from duplication since all such rights are reserved for the original creators who were likely forced by contract to transfer those rights to their finance company. By railing against recasters you are basically saying "Dont copy my copy" an argument which is not likely to hold sway anywhere but on this forum. Banning people will not stop them from reproducing your stuff and selling it other places. The only real solution is to make a single item and keep it for personal use.

sporgo said:
I do not understand this angst that users of this forum seem to have against people recasting items. Technically no one is authorized to be producing and selling products with the likeness of video game items unless they have been licensed to do so. You may put a great deal of work into creating a prop or model of an item but that does not grant you any rights to it nor any legal protections from duplication since all such rights are reserved for the original creators who were likely forced by contract to transfer those rights to their finance company. By railing against recasters you are basically saying "Dont copy my copy" an argument which is not likely to hold sway anywhere but on this forum. Banning people will not stop them from reproducing your stuff and selling it other places. The only real solution is to make a single item and keep it for personal use.

This is a very bad attitude to have if you wanna be a member of this community. Yes, we know we don't own the halo ip, or rights to make replicas. We're talking about taking weeks or months of work on an item, just to have someone hijack it in 2 hours, and then profit from that. Surely that must make sense to you.

I dont think recasting is bad if just want to make a few for ur friends or w/e but dont sell them or try to say u made it when u didnt and then when u get caught still try to say its urs thats just plain stupid but thats my opinion.But i think the best way to avoid any problems is to just not recast anything that u didnt make.

Harding29 said:
I dont think recasting is bad if just want to make a few for ur friends or w/e but dont sell them or try to say u made it when u didnt and then when u get caught still try to say its urs thats just plain stupid but thats my opinion.But i think the best way to avoid any problems is to just not recast anything that u didnt make.

I think your opinion might change when you make a prop you really are proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back