my armor progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistakillz

well i started on this project around last week, did research for about a week. now i got the materials and such i started building yesterday and as of today got 2 parts done so far.

CIMG1431.jpg

CIMG1430.jpg

CIMG1429.jpg

CIMG1428.jpg

CIMG1427.jpg

sorry if the pics dont show up...

tips would be extremely helpful
thanks guys
and thank you everyone that made the pepakura and everything for this project :D

nice work i built my right foot today and it turned out pretty good but has lack of support i see urs is well built but can i ask what u used to put it together like hot glue or super glue etc

ojrtega said:
nice work i built my right foot today and it turned out pretty good but has lack of support i see urs is well built but can i ask what u used to put it together like hot glue or super glue etc

I use a glue you get from a hobby shop (not like hobby lobby) where you would buy rc cars, planes, and such. The glue is very potent and once the glue is down you have about 5-10 seconds to get the piece where you want it. Stuff works great but is killer on your fingers

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd agree, but luckily that's a super easy part.

Everything else looks great! Keep up the nice work, sir.

-Vex

ahha yea i realized that i forgot to scale the forearm and bicep while i was doing the left side
just finished left bicep and ill post up more pics when i finish the left forearm also

man now i have to redo the entire right side

Good job man!

I noticed on my test arm that after it's done there is paper where your hand goes through, so how would you recommend getting rid of it?

well heres a new update :]

finished : helmet, thight pieces, and crotch, chest, forearms, and biceps

and now im going to do the calf and feet

probably going to be done tomorrow and going to start fiberglassing tomorrow too

oh yea guys can you tell me if this fiberglass is good?
CIMG1455.jpg

and here are the pics of the armor so far
CIMG1466.jpg

That looks really good! Damn you guys :mad: and your speedy working, that's it...

It's 2 am here and i have to be at work at 11am tomorrow and i'm going to go to meijers and buy more card stock.

I must finish before halloween! :lol:

But seriously, good job Johnny! Keep it up!

hehe thanks brah

the helmet took me 8 hours
from 2pm today till 10

woot only 4 easy pieces left :]

now i gotta figure out how to get the pieces to stay on me and not fall down lol

good choice leaving the paper face=shield in. don't remove it until you've made the helmet structure stable
(enough layers of resin, or even better, fiberglassed.) it will warp if you do take it out.

lets see the total cost of supplies up until now

cardstock- $12
black printer ink - $30
kevlar lined gloves - $14
100 grit sandpaper - $2
sanding block - $3
fiberglass resin - $15
36 2" brushes - $10 << lol it was in a box of 36 for a good price :D
glue gun - $2
glue sticks $1

man good thing i have a really supportive dad
i havent paid for anything myself yet :p