My Armour Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty

Hey all,
I'm starting my armour this weekend, starting with the gloves since they're very simple armour wise, just a squarish piece with slight detail. For my technique I'm gunna create a positive mold outta clay and then use fibreglass
cloth and resin to create a positive shape, after I've created the fibreglass shape I'm gunna support the piece with some expanding foam inside inside the shape I think.

If any of you veterans give me any feedback or suggestions on this technique that would be very helpful, I'm new to this and wanna make sure I do it right.

Many thanks,

- Shifty

that sounds complicated for just a hand plate. Erm... I'll have a tutorial in a week or so on making hand armor. I'm thinking make it out of clay, and wait for the tutorial.

I'm gunna support the piece with some expanding foam inside inside the shape I think.

Thats totally unnecessary for a piece as shallow as the hand armor. Maybe for something bigger.... but the hand you could just cast solid or half hollow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'll abandon the expanding foam then. Thanks for the feedback. I'll make the clay mold asap and wait for the tutorial unless you think that using this method to create the fibreglass shell and filling the shell with more fibreglass to support it is ok.

Many thanks,
- Shifty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back