My Astartes suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for a mini update I haven't gotten to work on it in a few days cause I went out of state for the holiday. I'm getting back tomorrow so I'll try to work on it a bunch and post an update with pics in around 4-5 days. But I was able to start my pep Mjolnir armor and all I have left to do is the legs.

I love the skill involved (seriously, all i can do is pep, i suck at scratch building)
But really dude, 6' whatever 210 a space marine does not make. those shoulders need to be level with the top of your head, the gloves should be at least 2/3 size of your whole torso, and your feet, well lets just say they dont make shoes that big.

ps. Im only being half serious, theres no way to scale it correctly, height isn't that much of a factor, but i would experiment with bulk, i.e. putting padding under those shoulders and under your chest piece.

but all-in-all Im loving the work you're doin

blakiki said:
I love the skill involved (seriously, all i can do is pep, i suck at scratch building)
But really dude, 6' whatever 210 a space marine does not make. those shoulders need to be level with the top of your head, the gloves should be at least 2/3 size of your whole torso, and your feet, well lets just say they dont make shoes that big.

ps. Im only being half serious, theres no way to scale it correctly, height isn't that much of a factor, but i would experiment with bulk, i.e. putting padding under those shoulders and under your chest piece.

but all-in-all Im loving the work you're doin
Thanks for the input! Have you looked at the reference pics I'm using? I'm considering redoing the shoulders after I finish it all and it does have some padding, I'll maybe take pics of the inside of the armor the next time I got something worth showing. For the hands I'm hoping to find some hockey gloves at a yard sale sometime but since I live in New Mexico I seriously doubt I would be that lucky, I'll probably just end up ordering em off ebay. The shoes I still have to think up something that'll work but I don't think it'll be too hard. So far the hardest part is the knee pads. It is really hard to make them look proportionate, natural, and still be able to have a shred of flexibility left. I'll try to get a video up in the next couple weeks or so to show the amount of immobility. I'm afraid to make it look any bigger or else I'll implode on myself :S

btw any one know a good way I could do the Imperial Aquila (eagle) thats on the chest? Right now it looks like I'll have to make a rough shape of the skull and wings then carve out all the detal but I've never done much sculpting before so I'm pretty sure it'll look bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't abandoned this. I'm sanding it all down atm and I gotta wait for my friend to return my dremel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back