My Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Alex

Jr Member
Yeah. I'm pretty new here, and tonight I started on a piece of armor that I think i'll keep going with. That piece? The hands portion of the forearm. Right now it's still a little rough ( it happens to be pretty late where I am and I didn't get to start until about 8pm ) there are a few obvious problems with them, such as the textures in the holes from the tools and such...but otherwise, give me some feedback and let me know what you all think! I've seen some pretty amazing armor come out of this place so don't be shy. :lol:

[attachment=639:100_0730.jpg]

[attachment=640:100_0731.jpg]

[attachment=641:100_0732.jpg]

That looks really good! It's a hell of a lot better than i could do with clay i'll tell ya that. I can't wait to see more!

i posted up mine that were 10 times better (seriously no offense those are darn good) and i immediately got "There are many mistake :/" from MacAttack. What a helpful guy.

I believe it should be a little more like this... But overall it looks good... :)

1000730iz3.jpg

Andrew L said:
i posted up mine that were 10 times better (seriously no offense those are darn good) and i immediately got "There are many mistake :/" from MacAttack. What a helpful guy.

I dont see how that statement was anything BUT insulting please try to not be so arrogant it will help you later in life.

Thouse are some damn fine sculpts alittle cleanup and a few tweaks and you will really have something there

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew, what the heck was the point in saying that? That wasn't helpful to Alex at all, and comes across as rather insulting.

There is such a thing as "modesty". You'd do well to employ a little bit of that. Besides, this thread is not about your work, it's about Alex's. Don't try infringing on someone else's topic. Not kewl.

I agree with both Macattack and zeronifty. You're doing some damn fine work on those pieces, Alex; more accurate than some other attempts I've seen. As has been pointed out, you just need to "tweak" a few details as indicated by Mac and you'll be good to go.

One thing I'd like to point out is that the hole in the top-left corner appears to out of alignment with the other two. If possible, you might want to rework that one (it needs to be shifted down a bit) so that it's more in line with the rest... :cool:

SPARTAN II said:
I agree with both Macattack and zeronifty. You're doing some damn fine work on those pieces, Alex; more accurate than some other attempts I've seen. As has been pointed out, you just need to "tweak" a few details as indicated by Mac and you'll be good to go.

One thing I'd like to point out is that the hole in the top-left corner appears to out of alignment with the other two. If possible, you might want to rework that one (it needs to be shifted down a bit) so that it's more in line with the rest... :cool:

Gotcha! Thanks guys, I'll get right on that and then jump into the rest of the forearm and keep going from there.

Andrew L said:
Telling him that yours is ten times better is even less helpful than mac attack telling you there were many mistakes. When people actually tried to help you out, you just told them they were wrong. You really need to get that ego in check.

Anyway Alex that hand is looking very nice sorry for going off topic there.

Andrew L said:
woww
i want to be just like you when i grow up

looks like youre off to a great start! Will we see a full suit?

Ragnarok118 said:
woww
i want to be just like you when i grow up

looks like youre off to a great start! Will we see a full suit?

Hell yes you'll see a full suit. Obviously it'll end up taking some time, but every step that I do that gets me that much further to having a full suit, will be photographed, and posted up here for you guys to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back