My Br55 So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more updates. The carry handle and tac computer.

IMG_2042.jpg

In the background you can see where I glued the heat shield on the upper reciever.
IMG_2044.jpg

cookie.jpg
Go ahead eat it you'll get thousands of more where they came from. lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollolloll. jk :)

Shade said:
Go ahead eat it you'll get thousands of more where they came from. lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollolloll. jk :)

Thanks, how did you know my favorite cookie! LOL

A few updates. Added some detail to the carry handle.
IMG_2045.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh... tee-hee... can't wait, can't wait, can't wait... *wrings hands in anticipation, giddy with excitement* :D

LastSpartan said:
I vote for Spartan-ness :p

(y)

0_0 That is some Awesome work man! Keep it up!

The Col.

Edit: Fixed bad Language, I was in shock over the awesome work and had to fix my bad language before I received a warning. Sorry mods :D

Geez, man... you're just tearing right through that second build, lol. It's a dead-ringer for the first one; I personally can't tell the difference between them, aside from the fact one is hollow and one is solid. That's some exacting attention to detail there, dude :not worthy:

You should show this to Bungie, maybe you can haz recon? jk lol. ( Goes off to show steal Br and shows to Bungie. )

Th3 FETT MAN said:
It looks good coming out nicely.
BTW what type of wood are you using and what thickness is it??

Thanks,

Most of both BR's is poplar and there is some pine in the solid one in the front BR and the back BR you can see the pine in the lower reciever by where the mag goes. The poplar I use is 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" thick boards. Then there is some 5/8" square stock. Also 3/16", 3/8" and 5/8" poplar dowels. The pine is just old 2' x 4' I had. I purchace it all from Lowe's.

I finished the butt plate.
IMG_2050.jpg

that looks great! :p. Do you think I should make my grips on my assault rifle nerf project from wood? Or use something else? I have a dremel, jig, electric sanders, hacksaws, and all of that stuff but I have no clue how to make the grips on the assualt rifle. I know your making the battle rifle but could you possible help?

mastercheef said:
that looks great! :p. Do you think I should make my grips on my assault rifle nerf project from wood? Or use something else? I have a dremel, jig, electric sanders, hacksaws, and all of that stuff but I have no clue how to make the grips on the assualt rifle. I know your making the battle rifle but could you possible help?

Have you got a pic of what you are starting with? That would give me an idea of what you need.
Send it in a PM.

Update, now the clip is done.

IMG_2052.jpg

Here is part of my armory. Detailed BR55, 2 M6G and some swords and knives missing from pics.

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

spartan8675309 said:
you shoud make wooden energy sword
or assault rifle
I don't think I could do an energy sword justice out of wood. There are some awesome ones already made on here. I will one of these days do the AR, but the next one will be the sniper rifle.

Here is a pic of my son holding the BR55 to give it some scale.
IMG_2058.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back