My Br55 So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! now that I've seen all that, i can't WAIT to see the sniper rifle. *drools in anticipation*

BTW: in the third pic with the swords, fourth from the top: Elven sword from LOTR?

Bloodl3tt3r said:
WOW! now that I've seen all that, i can't WAIT to see the sniper rifle. *drools in anticipation*
BTW: in the third pic with the swords, fourth from the top: Elven sword from LOTR?

Yes and no, I just wanted to make something different! The handle is wrapped in leather. The bottom left one is from Hell Boy II, but the scabbard is on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
LeeKegan said:
I don't think I could do an energy sword justice out of wood. There are some awesome ones already made on here. I will one of these days do the AR, but the next one will be the sniper rifle.

Here is a pic of my son holding the BR55 to give it some scale.
IMG_2058.jpg

One lucky kid man! Outstanding work and I am incredibly impressed! lol my uncle is a professional carpenter..builds custom furniture..I should talk to him more about that!

If you mold one of these, I'd be interested!

tubachris85x said:
One lucky kid man! Outstanding work and I am incredibly impressed! lol my uncle is a professional carpenter..builds custom furniture..I should talk to him more about that!

If you mold one of these, I'd be interested!

Yeah, your uncle probably has the tools and experience with fine detail work. He could help you or teach you some tricks of the trade.

Molding is definatly going to be done. Its when I get the money and time. All I've built so far has been with scraps I had on hand.

I have part of the scope for the solid BR55 that will be molded.
IMG_2063.jpg

LeeKegan said:
Yeah, your uncle probably has the tools and experience with fine detail work. He could help you or teach you some tricks of the trade.

Molding is definatly going to be done. Its when I get the money and time. All I've built so far has been with scraps I had on hand.

I have part of the scope for the solid BR55 that will be molded. *image removed to make mods happy*

man, I wish I had a job now.

The scope is almost done. I think I will try and mold it first to get the hang of molding with a small part.
IMG_2064.jpg

Wow, This is ( Trying to look at the dictionary for a new word not said here before... ) Phenomenal!!! ( I never here that often . )

LeeKegan said:

I have part of the scope for the solid BR55 that will be molded.

[...]

Geez, if that's what you can do with simple "scraps" lying around your place, I can only imagine what you could do with "proper" materials Lee (y)

LeeKegan said:
The scope is almost done. I think I will try and mold it first to get the hang of molding with a small part.

[...]

Awesome! Can't wait to see it. And yeah... I definately agree it's best to start molding/casting with a smaller part first, then work up to the larger parts of it. That way, if you mess something up initially, it won't be such a big deal (or too costly) :cool:

Outstanding work, Lee...
I feel you secretly preparing for us some sudden surprize - incredibly hi-detailed whole-wooden mk6 helmet!!! :)

xXBattle RifleXx said:
wow i hope my wood b.r. ends up half as good as yours
btw i just posted pics of my b.r. at my weapon build thread :3

I went and checked out your BR and it looks great! You and your friend got a lot done over the weekendand it looks like you have a great prop going.

LeeKegan said:
I went and checked out your BR and it looks great! You and your friend got a lot done over the weekendand it looks like you have a great prop going.
yeah we are having problems cutting out the triangles for the detail...
how do you recommend we do it?
cause all we have is a jigsaw and a dremel

xXBattle RifleXx said:
yeah we are having problems cutting out the triangles for the detail...
how do you recommend we do it?
cause all we have is a jigsaw and a dremel

Try drilling through the corners of each triangle with the dremel and then use the jigsaw to connect each hole. I drill out each corner with a drillpress and then use a scroll saw to cut out each of the triangles.

LeeKegan said:
Try drilling through the corners of each triangle with the dremel and then use the jigsaw to connect each hole. I drill out each corner with a drillpress and then use a scroll saw to cut out each of the triangles.
thanks dude!!!!
this helps alot
once it stops snowing outside i'll get to work!

Bloodl3tt3r said:
o_O wow. I"m speechless now... ever think about hollowing out a cast of that scope and making it a real one?

Yes, just need to find one small enough. It is already hollow. There is a 1/2" hole running through now.
IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back