My Carter build

Status
Not open for further replies.
so no big update. Just finished up pepping a thigh a couple days ago. Been working on my cqb helmet which is past halfway done right now. Depending on what I get for christmas I may be taking a mold of it and casting it once I finish. In under an hour i get my wisdom teeth out which I am freaking out a bit because I hate going under with all those drugs and crap. Not to mention it'll mess up the next week of my christmas vacation. Here is the thigh:
thigh.jpg

not sure if I like that thigh model or not. It is an easy pep compared to the other one found in the reach files just not as accurate but I may just use the other :/ tell me what you think :D also ive been working on an hd mark6 chest and helmet.

thigh.jpg

double post, in need of a bump so those watching the thread can see it. Also, what is the best way to stabilize the armor so it doesn't rotate on your limbs? padding im guessing along with anchor points.

look at Adams armour both of his shoulders are connected like a backpack you should think about doing the same

sonic

So, a little late but merry Christmas/holidays to all of you 405thers :D for christmas I got some casting supplies. wooooo :D
IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

and of course smoothcast 320 :D hoping to start attempting to cast separate armor pieces. Anyway, not really sure how to use the polyfiber and such. I think the two small cans are used 1:1 ratio to harden/rubberize the stuff in the white bucket. Could anyone give me some pointers who have used such casting materials? I also got 6 visors for future helmets. I have in the last couple days just taken a break from pepping for my suit and been working on a mark 6 torso and helmet. The helmet is incredibly difficult :/

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Hey, your armor looks great! Good job! Makes me want a Carter helm, lol. Hey Ill trade you for a fiberglass resin/rondo ODST, lol.

Good luck to you!

For stabilizing the arm pieces, I guess you could get some straps and attach it to the under armour and clip the arm pieces on it. Or maybe adhesive? :p

hi there, your work is pretty impressive and inspiring :D as i am making the same helmet now ;)
i have the exact same helmet you are working on but just wondered, how did you work out your scale for it
as i used this method: 66.5 (inches) / 86 = 0.66686 0.66686 * 31.9 = 21.272834
now that sounds out of place, seems as though the helmets scale is 13.8000
but i have made it at this scale to find that it doesn't fit me :( (sorry for the boring life story there lol)
anyway i would be grateful if you could explain how you worked it out :D
and your work is amazing, very cleverly designed, keep it up XD

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry about those last two posts -.-
i am not doing the same helm as you, now i feel an idiot :L
anyway if you could, could you direct me to a download link for that helm as it looks very good :)

sorry about those last two posts -.-
i am not doing the same helm as you, now i feel an idiot :L
anyway if you could, could you direct me to a download link for that helm as it looks very good :)

Typically I do not go by the scaling that you just went by. Here is the link for the helmet I used: http://www.4shared.com/file/-nXRO1rv/HD_Carter_Helmet_unfolded_by_T.html A lot of people seem to not like this helmet even though I find it more accurate then other helmets depending on the area of the helmet.

So, I have been working slowly on my Carter build. I have 6 pieces left to pep and have the thigh outside resined waiting for rondo. But here is something else ive been working on:
IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

wo, seems like I have been moved to a new section

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Nice torso :D the detail on that is amazing and i can already tell it will turn out well, did you make these yourself or download them, i cant seem to find reach files with such good detail that are unfolded -.- well have a happy new year and i hope 2011 is amazing :D

Nice torso :D the detail on that is amazing and i can already tell it will turn out well, did you make these yourself or download them, i cant seem to find reach files with such good detail that are unfolded -.- well have a happy new year and i hope 2011 is amazing :D

The torso in my previous post can be found on the halo pepakura costuming wiki page. It's made by flying squirrel and comes with supports and its very well build and relatively easy to pep regardless of how complicated it looks. I'm not sure what you mean by detailed models, most can be found in the reach files thread, and some of the details for my carter suit I have added myself.

Nice build! I am pepping a Commando helmet but I am going to add the sun visor from the UA FC varient. I am using Ruze's model, it looks the most accurate proportionally even though it is missing a few small details.

Nice build! I am pepping a Commando helmet but I am going to add the sun visor from the UA FC varient. I am using Ruze's model, it looks the most accurate proportionally even though it is missing a few small details.
Yeah, the sun visor made by rise should be pretty cool looking when completed and both helmets are get with minor differences. Just your preference. Goodluck on your build.
This is all looking really good, well done.

The torso in my previous post can be found on the halo pepakura costuming wiki page. It's made by flying squirrel and comes with supports and its very well build and relatively easy to pep regardless of how complicated it looks...

I love that torso by Flying Squirrel. In fact I made 2 of them for my kids in their last halloween. They came out pretty good. See my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back