My EVA Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was looking over the stickies for wiring the leds/fans and I was wondering if anyone knew where the lights on the EVA helm were? If I had a 360/Halo 3 I am sure I could possibly find out, but alas I don't. Also another question off the top of my head was, is there a possible way to use a liquid cooling system in the helm and possibly the torso piece?

Quadraxis said:
i was looking over the stickies for wiring the leds/fans and I was wondering if anyone knew where the lights on the EVA helm were? If I had a 360/Halo 3 I am sure I could possibly find out, but alas I don't. Also another question off the top of my head was, is there a possible way to use a liquid cooling system in the helm and possibly the torso piece?

i think i found where the the lights are but its on the back of the helmet. other than that i couldn't find any thing else

[attachment=1420:9261483_Medium.jpg]
[attachment=1418:9261518_Medium.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Murakumo said:
i think i found where the the lights are but its on the back of the helmet. other than that i couldn't find any thing else
Thanks, that will help. I check the pictures later, when I am on a PC, typing on a PSP is annoying.

Keegan said:
;) if you dont have a 360 who is that in your sig?
Touché... My friend has a 360 and I have a gold account so that is my character.

make the lens part in pepakura, reinforce it, stretch a balloon tight over it, spray it with spray resin, peel the balloon off, and you have a lens. then you can get gold privacy tint from an rv dealership and put that on it.

that wouldnt work. see how the top of the visor is flat, then it rounds down. u could do that, but it would kinda look funny

I'm going to start work on a EVA helmet myself and I don't know how I would make the visor. The idea that supertaco had had interested me, I will try that method of making it. Please still pitch idea's at us.

Ok, to everyone wanting a Visor, you can do it for cheap(it'll cost you around 30 dollars though.

1. Build the pep model
1.5 Fiberglass

2. Smooth it out, get every detail out of the visor

3. Build a vacuum forming table(it should only cost you 20 dollars) search on how to make one.

4. buy clear plastic, its cheap if you buy it from Here its really cheap and easy.

5. Vacuum form a visor
5.5 add tint.

its really easy and cost effective.

Ironcobra3000 said:
Ok, to everyone wanting a Visor, you can do it for cheap(it'll cost you around 30 dollars though.
1. Build the pep model
1.5 Fiberglass

2. Smooth it out, get every detail out of the visor

3. Build a vacuum forming table(it should only cost you 20 dollars) search on how to make one.
4. buy clear plastic, its cheap if you buy it from Here its really cheap and easy.

5. Vacuum form a visor
5.5 add tint.

its really easy and cost effective.

THANK YOU! That really helps me out becuase I wont really have a lot of money to spend on my armour at one time.

or yes, fiberglass and paint the whole visor and then in the middle design of the entire visor, put a real one

crazybunny said:
that looks hecka good. for the visor, just use a soda bottle. thats the only thing i can think of
Yes I agree with this. Though, about 3 or 4 soda bottles xD. It looks like you're going to have to make sections of the visor and CAREFULLY glue them all together. Luckily theres lots of detail on the visor so it may not look like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back