my fallout new vegas helmet project

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmodder

Jr Member
nvhelmetlow2.jpg
photo
Hello all I am new to this site and thought I would share with you the progress I am making on my F
photo
allout New Vegas helmet, its not done yet still have some parts to add and cast but its a start! Now I have a tendency to not post for awhile so don't expect a fast response :p

thats pretty sweet, I love the fallout series, there are some pretty cool fallout3 bobble head pep statues if you are interested

Wow. I scratch built mine from cardboard and an old baseball helmet, but I need bondo now. Your's looks great though! I'm stoked for New vegas, but I pre-ordered reach instead.

:Dmmmm bobble heads you say.....cool I will do thoughs after I make the combat shotgun lol !
do you have any pics of your helmet? I just want to see how other peoples turned out. I am currently making dragon skin moulds of what I have finished already would any one want a copy?

did you you build from a pep file or did you build it an other way looks really good so far bro please let me know how you did your mask that look awesome

no its not a pep lol I made it out of clay then moulded it in dragon skin. I have since sanded and bondo it to perfection and am now remoulding it. Man this stuff is expensive lol cost me $300 just for the tub of dragon skin. in total I have bought about $700 in materials but I am not using all of it on this helmet sooo I guess its not that bad.
I was thinking of asking $100 a pull unpainted with no lenses or anything.
just bought a swat helmet on eBay to replace my dented hand made one that frankly I think looks like junk, will mould a copy of that as well and you can choose which one you want.

still working on the camera and light. I took apart a gun scope and a old flashlight to make the camera and I have a dollar store flash light and a real nice antenna off a wifi router. Going to sculpt the rest after I have a pull from the new mould....which hopefully will be done soon as I am running out of time before the release lol. I am also going to light my copy's eyes with red led's so it matches the video. As for the pics from earlier its not really that stretched out it just looks that way lol.

When I made pep-model from 3D-scetch I decide to separate on gas-mask, helmet and tail. Camera and light placed on helmet (on developers scetch it looks combined with radio-headphones), radio with tail-belts connected with mask and covered by helmet.

Cool work, by the way :)

I can't wait for this pep file but NeXXt is not giving it out yet. Think he is still tweaking it. But he has pepped some of it looks really good so far though. You can see how it's coming along over at http://wastelandoutpost.com . There is a lot of other great fallout stuff there too.

There was also talk over at the outpost about using el wire for the eyes instead of leds which sounds like a good idea but in the end it is presonal preference and think either way would look good.

hey there madmodder will you be selling these on this site or another one when you do get the pulls done i would love to buy one form you borther please let me know my email is tumbucu@hotmail.com just in case you have one laying a round already lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back