My Fallout3 T46-d Power Armour

Discussion in 'Non-Halo Costumes and Props' started by Skullptura, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

WORK IN PROGRESS

Had to restart my chest. Just wasnt happy with it. This time around I am scoring all lines both valley and mountain folds with extreme caution. Therefore, I thought I would finally begin piecing it together posting progress pictures here. Ill put in some Helmet pictures as well. Ive nearly finished the helmet though. Just need to seal in the breathing tubes and their connections. Then attatch all the bits and pieces.

DAY 2
    WP_000000_zpsc201d6b5.jpg

Day 3
    WP_000002_zps0c1239c8.jpg
    WP_000007_zpsac3b2671.jpg

2. Brax Lel

Brax Lel Jr Member

i could never find myself a fallout pep file in PDO, all i find are OBJ files which i can only use in pepkura designer :(

3. Inviktus

Inviktus New Member

Its looking great so far, keep up the awesome work!

Inviktus

4. eliteslayer032

eliteslayer032 Jr Member

looks really food so far. cant wait to see it finished

5. Inflamed

Inflamed New Member

6. Inflamed

Inflamed New Member

lol i hear you brother hahahah sucks

7. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

A few new pics but not much progress made so far.

WP_000011_zpsc479ebd5.jpg

Some helmet construction pics
    WP_000012_zps5998bf56.jpg
    WP_000086_zps4fa2b2ef.jpg
    WP_000087_zps9d661e55.jpg
    WP_000089_zpsf72a0c08.jpg
    WP_000130_zps46270fb9.jpg

8. wizardofcoz

wizardofcoz New Member

man that looks awesome! i think you should just rock the shades with it lol

9. John Awesome

John Awesome Jr Member

*puts on nerd glasses* That's not possible, you are not able to wear glasses with any full face helmet in FO3! Haha, just kidding, really great helmet, I love it. I'm going to keep an eye on this project.

10. eliteslayer032

eliteslayer032 Jr Member

*good sorry just cought that

11. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

Original poster eliteslayer032 - Signature
    Never resin right be fore night time you ll regret it when your sanding moths out of you armor for hours

Oh I've learnt the hard way not to do that.... ROFL It was only a bondo/rondo and painting test piece but still. Very wise advice

12. eliteslayer032

eliteslayer032 Jr Member

Ya I learned the hard way as well but this was like a moth frenzy. Middle of summer in Oklahoma and they are every where. I actually thought of putting another layer or two of resin to cover them up

13. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

Eva foam

I litterally just hung up the phone getting prices for foam. A single sheet of EVA Foam 1.1 metres by 2.2 metres is priced at $97.50 australian dollars. That seems way too F***ing much. What prices have you guys seen it at?

14. eliteslayer032

eliteslayer032 Jr Member

im not quite sure on my metrics but in america we can buy a pack of four 3 ft my 3ft sheets for around $19.98 USD which would come out to 18.52 AUD. you might check out your local fitness stores and ask them if they have foam floor mats for sale.

15. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

Fitness mats. Never would have thought of that. Thanks for the heads up. Now all I have to do is get all the components to build a foam cutter I saw once.

16. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

Floor mats huh? Never would have thought of that. Thanks for tip. + 5 internet's to you sir. I saw a home made foam cutter once. I'm gonna try to make from memory. I'll post pics of the attempt. Hope I don't set fire to anything lol.

17. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

Not much progress made but im experimenting with a foam build at the moment.....

WP_000016_zpse3228cd4.jpg
    WP_000017_zps21f1b0b4.jpg
    WP_000019_zps24803c81.jpg

18. ViperB77

ViperB77 Member

Dang dude! I'm not a fan of the Fallout series, but I do definitely like your work!!!!

19. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

I feel the need to appologise for my lack of progress here. I got a lot of stuff to deal with at the moment and not a lot of work stuff leaves me completely drained with no impulse to continue working on papercraft. I got some good time to myself this weekend so it should be awesome progress posted then.

20. Roadwarrior

Roadwarrior Well-Known Member

Yeah, paper craft is a pain. But it dose get a bit easier the more you do it. :) You should really keep in mind how you're going to wear/attach these pieces. because they don't get along too well with each other.

Good luck on your build!

21. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

It's not so much that papercraft is a pain, although sometimes it can be lol. Im using your files too roadwarrior lol. I run them through pep designer and rearranged the pieces slightly to fit them for australian standard A4 size paper. Using 200 Gsm paper for it too. I like your files they are easy to follow. Cheers for that by the way.

22. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

I have made quite a bit of progress. But unable to upload pictures at the moment unfortunately. I have a thigh piece and an arm piece. The thigh piece has a coat of resin on it. But may be too big. I need to complete more to see size comparisons between the components. The pictures will be uploaded as soon as i can.

23. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

Finally got a couple of pictures to put up. Building the belly section here...
    WP_000038.jpg
    WP_000039.jpg
    WP_000040.jpg

getting there slowly but things are starting to normalize for me again so I can focus on my paper-craft again. Just wondering if anyone else is dressing up for Halloween parties, but im going dressed as a 14th century foot knight with full 14Guage steel armour. We are all meeting at a mates place then walking to the closest pub for drinks. This is either going to be absolutely hilarious or the TRG (Tactical Response Group0 boys are gonna throw us out...... But something for the kids to giggle at if i ever have any ROFL

24. Skullptura

Skullptura Member

Ok pretty much got an arm pepped the left one i think. Going to resin it this weekend maybe earlier. Couldnt upload any pics last weekend so I will upload a bunch next time.

25. elettrozero

elettrozero New Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's true!!! ROTFL