My first armor: master chief mark VII

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by morkar78, Oct 12, 2013.

1. morkar78

morkar78

Hi guys,
    this is my first work. I'm doing the mark VII of the Master Chief (shoulders from the mark VI). I've done the paper models, applied two coats of resin and fiberglass in the inside. I'm sanding all the pieces to get them ready for bondo. Here is some pictures. I.E. the helmet is in plastic....

Ottobre31_zps3ef3732d.jpg
    Hardening_21Settembre2_zpsb2f54fe9.jpg
    Settembre_16_20135_zps7eba7ada.jpg
    15-Settembre1_zpsefd5f0b6.jpg
    15-Settembre21_zpsa562ab12.jpg
    15-Settembre19_zps5f7eb49c.jpg
    2Settembre2_zpsc77bcef1.jpg
    24Agosto_2013_zps490467b8.jpg
    Luglio20132_zps462c1141.jpg
    11MAggio_leftarm3_zpsb6ecc7a2.jpg

Attached Files:

VikingCraft and Alcaister1976 like this.
  2. methadome666

methadome666

Yur pics didnt show up bro... soundlike a good start tho

3. Katsu

Katsu

Pictures are working for me. Good job so far.

4. methadome666

methadome666

Looks great man cant wait to see if all painted up

5. morkar78

morkar78

Thanks guys!
    For painting, what colors should I use? I want to paint the armor green....I think that "oregano" should be the right color...right?

6. xxxxM0NSTERxxxx

xxxxM0NSTERxxxx

Hey man good clean pep work but just one thing it's mk vi not vii. There is no 7 yet. MC never got new armor, he was sleeping that whom time.

7. GreatLuster44

GreatLuster44 New Member

looking really awesome there.(PS) In halo 4 MC is whering modified VI

8. xxxxM0NSTERxxxx

xxxxM0NSTERxxxx

Its not really modified its just 343's take on it or like their perspective on what the Mark VI should look like. Kind of like halo 1 and halo anniverasry

9. morkar78

morkar78

well....I don't know guys....I always looked for the mark VII pep files... ;)

AlexAnderson95 likes this.
  10. elusch99

elusch99 Jr Member

It's still really the Mark VI, but we costumers call it the Mark VII to distinguish it from the Halo 3 version. Looking great, by the way! For painting, I always used and have seen people use Krylon Italian Olive, it gives the right color.

11. xxxxM0NSTERxxxx

xxxxM0NSTERxxxx

Are you using the fiber glass mat or cloth?

12. morkar78

morkar78

Cloth...very simple to cut in small squares that fit the area you want to harden...

13. morkar78

morkar78

Pieces are hardened with resin and fiberglass....and massively sanded

Slide1_zpsbe50d8e3.jpg
    Slide2_zps8ce37bfd.jpg
    Slide3_zpsa43c8ec0.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Carpathia

Carpathia

I used Kyrlon's Italian Olive for my H3 Mk VI suilt. Most of the world's modern military use a shade of Olive Drab, so I figured Italian Olive would be a good choice.

One question, and maybe it was covered already and I'm not seeing it, why are you using Halo 3 low def files for your biceps? You've done a remarkable job on the rest of the H4 suit thus far; those H3 biceps (while well done) kind of stick out like a sore thumb.

15. morkar78

morkar78

Thanks for you tips about the colors...regarding the biceps, know what? You're totally right...I want to finish the armor now and then I'll "update" the biceps...

16. robospartan

robospartan New Member

nice work looks very nice

17. morkar78

morkar78

Guys, I need some help here:

16_Ottobre1_zps93b0c4df.jpg
    16_Ottobre2_zps76ce66d2.jpg

These are two pieces at which I've applied the first coat of bondo, and sand it. This is the result. The question is: since this is my first time, is this a normal, bad, or good result? Are all the holes and imperfections normal or I've applied the bondo wrongly?

Other questions: ;)
    I need another coat of bondo, right?
    Is there a quicker way? Halloween is coming.... ;)
    If the armor will not be ready for Halloween (thing that look very likely), is it possible to paint the "not-bondoed" pieces with just the color (no primer), wear it for Halloween, and the bondo the armor over the painting?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Attached Files:

18. Revo1

Revo1 New Member

Some damned nice work man, keep it up!

19. morkar78

morkar78

Thanks! ;)

20. Rex 084

Rex 084

Everything looks great! As for you bondo, looks like you put way too much on all at once. You want to do small sections first to keep it smooth, and don't apply it very thick. The good news is it can be fixed, the bad news is it requires a LOT of sanding and some spot putty. It'll be worth it though. Remember thin layers, small sections. Can't wait to see the finished product.

21. recon313

recon313 Jr Member

I think it's better to give more bondo cut the excess with razorblade then sand it down with palm sander or orbit sander(bad news for guys who is lowbudget and don't have this machinery like me) sand it and it give a rough look of it then next is applying thin layer. but yeah doing by small section is better.

22. morkar78

morkar78

thinner layer and working on small sections.....got it! Thanks guys!

BTW, this morning (I'll be fired soon...) I applyed the second coat of bondo on these two pieces and it looks to me that after sanding a third one will not be necessary! If there will be some small hole still, I'll try to fill it or I may use it to simulate some battle damage...I've seen some wonderful tutorial to do that...

23. morkar78

morkar78

Just to be sure...when you say "work on small sections" you mean that I have to apply the bondo on a small section of a piece, then wait for it to get dry and then apply the bondo on a nearby section?

24. Rex 084

Rex 084

Yeah, pretty much. It keeps things easier to work with. I tend to put it on in thin layers, in a smaller are, then sand that down a bit, then work ona different are the same way till it's all covered that way. I find it makes it easier to sculpt in small details that way, and you can keep it smoother as well. The smoother it is, and less air pockets, the less sanding you have to do and a better finished product will follow.

25. morkar78

morkar78

Cool!!! Thanks!!! your help guys is precious....