My first armor: master chief mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
New shoulder plates ready for the hardening process!!

Shoulder_Plate_pepped_Novembre2015 (2).JPG
Shoulder_Plate_pepped_Novembre2015 (3).JPG
Shoulder_Plate_pepped_Novembre2015 (5).JPG

It is me.....or they look like the Millennium Falcon?
Shoulder_Plate_pepped_Novembre2015 (4).JPG

It depends on what you're wearing under that piece. It looks pretty spot on compared to your reference shot, but if you're wearing anything other than a thin fabric under it then you might have a problem..

Skin tight under suit........your not self-conscious are you?

:cry
I think you're right....

I don't know what the other side of it looks like, but is there a place you can cut it and sort of add in an extension (on both sides to make it look intentional)? It's pretty close so you just need a little breathing room. Maybe a 1/4" thick strip of wood on either side.. I don't know I'm just brainstorming. What are your thoughts? (Also if you're still not sure then maybe a couple more angles of it on you, with another piece of armor that you've made for reference).

Your helmet is looking great by the way!!

I was thinking about this solution, but I kind of worried that the central piece would look to narrow compared with my arm....damn, MC's arm is tiny! ;)

I was thinking about this solution, but I kind of worried that the central piece would look to narrow compared with my arm....damn, MC's arm is tiny! ;)

On second thought, I'm not worried about it. You seem to be doing a really good job. I think you'll be able to figure it out. Your chest piece is sized perfectly so don't worry about that either. That armor piece is tiny in game anyway. You're able to get it on, so that is good. If you need a little more room you can always grind a little away on the inner ring after you harden it.

Thanks! ;) By the way, I have fixed it adding a layer of cardboard about 5mm thick on the borders on the connection of the four pieces which form the biceps, giving to my arm the room it needs. I'll post a picture as soon as I complete the other biceps...

I have the same problem with my helmet.
Good to see somebody solved it that great ^^
Nice work man

well..at the end of the game the helmet was OK even without those details....It was just to be picky ;) Besides,, I'm not really in a rush to complete the armor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back