My first armor: master chief mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chest_13June (2).JPG
Chest_13June (12).JPG
Chest_13June (5).JPG
Chest_13June (3).JPG

The chest is ready to be assembled with the back again!

This looks awesome, keep up the good work. I'm interested to see how you strap it on, unlike the H3 MKVI the H4 version doesn't have a large codpiece to act as a belt.

This looks awesome, keep up the good work. I'm interested to see how you strap it on, unlike the H3 MKVI the H4 version doesn't have a large codpiece to act as a belt.

yeah...this suck a bit...I think I'm gonna use straps and buckles, partially hidden by the fact that the undersuit will be black as well...I think I'm gonna need them also for the shins and thighs...

Yeah i was think along the same lines, also i was thinking of elastic or velcro inside the shins and forearms and thighs.

I think I'll glue some thick padding inside the arms and legs pieces to make them stick better on my body, but I don't think it'll be enough, so I'm gonna need the straps...

Nice work! I had trouble getting those thin little straps under the arms to hold shape while hardening. I ended up just cutting them out completely and replacing them with foam parts. You seem to have managed yours just fine :)

well my suit is a foam build so all I had to do was heat it up with a heat gun and hold it in place while it cooled

Thanks! I am smoothing and molding the helmet right now, and trying to figure it out how I can get a beautiful visor...I think it'll be done in three weeks...fingers crossed...

Left_shoulder_paper_model (3).JPG

What do you guys think about its dimension? It looks a bit too short to me, but I think that longer it would be too large...

Hey Morkar.

I was wondering, have you seen CerealKilll3r's videos on bond/filler work? He did some amazing tutorials that are a must to watch if you are new to the craft. Here is his youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/dghezzo/videos

Good luck and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sure I've seen his videos! They gave me many important info when I've started this project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back