My First Armor Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchammertime

Here we go people! Tell me what you think of the vid. oh btw, don't mind my bird chirping in the background lol

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK5r7_ToeY8[/media]

:D

envy runs throught my veins, nice job the odst looks awesome, ill tell ya what tho, just by looking around the visor is going to be difficult for you, thats why im doing halo 2 odst 8)

hey i just found this thingy im gonna try this method its called scultamold,i could just paint it on pepand it will dry like clay or cement somethin like that- check it out-http://www.createforless.com/Amaco+Sculptamold+3++lb/pid57757.aspx

Ill take a look.

Btw, don't worry about this guys. I was helping him out with this stuff earlier, so its not completely irrelevant.

yeah, if you built E.O.D. straight from the file, don't bother finishing it. it's too small to fit on your head, no matter how much trimming you do. The original file the size OF a head, but not the size of something that can be worn OVER a head. anyhoo, I've spent hours looking and just about given up on finding the right way to scale (E.O.D. had been my first and only model so far. kinda pissed about having to redo it oh well), so would you be objected to letting me know how to scale armor the RIGHT way? (helmet, torso, arms, al of it). I checked all of the stickies and threads (at least as far as I could tell) and can't find a clear explanation anywhere.

edit: I did find one thread that explained relatively clearly how to scale the helmets (but nothing else, unfortunately), however after following these directions, many of the pieces were too large to be printed, no matter how I arranged them. PLEASE HELP DX

mc hammer time said:
how big did you scale it? I'd like to see what pieces you're talking about

huh? I'm not sure I get what you mean. mind wording that a little differently?

edit: sorry, I see what you mean now. I scaled it up so it could actually be worn ( the first one was too small to get over your head, and left to large of a gap between the chin and collar bone) and some of the larger pieces, such as the large brow overhang, and several of the curved pieces used for the back of the head were larger than the paper, even if it was only marginally so, it was enough of a difference that it didn't fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back