My First Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmerrick

Hey I am new to the site so I thought I'd start off this project thread with a little introduction. I am a big halo fan and and I want to make armor, thats how I ran into this site. I scambled through the forums learning and seeing everyones projects, until they opened registration again and I jumped on it. I dragged my buddy here to, he like it though lol. Me and him are really liking this and we are learning and building our first armors together. SpartanM3X is his name so expect his Mark VI armor WIP to hit the forums soon.

So here is the fun stuff. I love the ODST guys, they are my brothers lol. So I thought I'd started on my helmet to start it off, and after glue my fingers together twice, nearly cutting myslef half a dozen times, and 17 hours later this it was done and this is how it looks:

0512091752.jpg

0512091752a.jpg

0512091753.jpg

0512091753a.jpg

0512091753b.jpg

Let me know what you think and any suggestions on how to make improvements are appreciated.
Next is the chest pieces!!

Hi welcome to the 405th, happy to see that you love this site. Nice ODST pep. Peping is some time really dangerous if you do not watch where you put your finger. Did you use 110lb card stock for the helmet ? Keep up the good work.

Pat

Nice helmet trooper and welcome to the 405th.

Nice to see yet another guy joining the Helljumper ranks.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Garzak said:
Hi welcome to the 405th, happy to see that you love this site. Nice ODST pep. Peping is some time really dangerous if you do not watch where you put your finger. Did you use 110lb card stock for the helmet ? Keep up the good work.

Pat

Thanks, I think its 65lb card stock but I am not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Centerside is right, using a thinker cardstock will make the helmet sturdier if you ever plan on resin/fiberglassing it.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Find some 110lb card stock in a staples or other store like that you will be saving you a lot of problem by using stronger paper, believe my experience.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back