My First Armour Piece; Forearm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leda

First time building armour, so, I decided to start out small, and made the forearm first. I read how to scale and whatnot, printed out my piece, cut, glued, etc.
Came out like this:
DSC07333.jpg
DSC07335.jpg

I didn't really take much time for glueing... Ha...

Fits well... just until I have to actually put it on. I have trouble putting my actual hand through the opening in the end, because it's just so tiny! (Unless my hand is just big...)
And when I was gluing together, the part at the bottom was closed completely so I got confused... unless I glued something extremely wrong. So, I just cut the bottom off, and tried to fit my hand through.
Wrinkled it pretty badly, and ripped it at the bottom.
Sorry if this is just an extremely dumb question :oops: , but would it just make sense to make a much larger scale of it, so I can actually manage to fit my hand through, but then again, but would it turn out too long or a bit too big? But then again, when I pep it, does it need to touch my skin?
My scale for it was 23.638230.

I'm also having the same problem with the crotch piece, I'm not entirely sure how I would scale it so I can actually get it on my waist without ripping it.
I'm sorry, I'm just extremely noob at this...

I'm not sure but I think the need to squeeze your hand through is normal. I think some people cut it in half and hinge it or something or the sort. Not totally sure though so don't take my word for it. Looks good though :)

Looks good cheack out my therd and my be get some Ideas from there also cheack out other peoples therds and mix nd mach some of their ideas to make ur own ideas. o by the way sorry for the spelling

looks good you could always cut alittle of the forearm front lip away if that helps or you could rescale or even try an HD but looks good

not a bad start i too had the probelm with my hand not fitting so i cut and hinged a small part of the underside it turned out ok that way.

I had the same problem with mine. When I went big I barely got my hand through and it was still huge. So I just trimmed until I could get my hand through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back