My first attempt at a clay sculpt *UPDATE* 10/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkode

Hello 405th! First time poster, long time reader
After many late nights of playing with pep models I decided to try my hand at some sculpting. I think I have about 25 hours of time invested in this project so far, A LOT of trial and error went into this heh. I should hopefully be finished within a week or so and then she'll be ready for a casting. As I'v said this is no where near finished, but criticism is appreciated :]

100_0421.jpg

100_0422.jpg

100_0423.jpg

100_0429.jpg

I'll be sure to post some more pictures once I am happy with the finished results. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the very helpful information and great tutorials, also for helping me find an awesome hobby that I can surely take pride in. Rock on 405th!

*UPDATE* 10/29

I have been busy with a few personal things, sorry I haven't updated sooner. I actually needed better lighting in my shed so I installed some fluorescent lighting, but I digress... heres a few pics of the back, side and front that I worked on the over the last few nights. Please excuse the gaping holes on the jaw, I'm still trying to figure out how to shape the vents heh. Any tips would be great.

100_0493.jpg

100_0494.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0505.jpg

100_0506.jpg

100_0491.jpg

and the shaving pile grows...

I still have a few minor tweaks to do before I feel it's done, but it seems every time I go out to do something small I end up finding something else heh. Anyway thats my update for the week, enjoy!

Thanks for the comments and encouragement!
To answer your questions I think I'v used about 25 pounds of clay so far give or take a few pounds. I keep looking at the tray of shavings I have accumulated....the details have probably taken up at least half the time spent on it so far, maybe more heh. The toughest part for me was getting the proportions correct since the manikin head I used was abit smaller then an actual person. I should be casting it by this weekend if my supplies come in on time, but I'll be sure to post some more pictures later tonight after I tinker with it abit more.

AWESOME!! I am going to start sculpting mine soon just need to find a manikan my size so i get the perfect fit! Cant wait to see yours when its done!

Spartan-419 said:
That's, um... that's gonna be pretty heavy to wear. Looks absolutely fantastic though!

He's not going to wear the clay, silly :p He's just using the clay as a mold for when he casts it.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you mean wider?

p.s. anyone else think the last few post were like something from rvb.

That's, um... that's gonna be pretty heavy to wear.

He's not going to wear the clay, silly He's just using the clay as a mold for when he casts it.

Ya but thats a pretty thick helmet.

The plastic comes out thin, it wont be that thick...

it will be a little thicker then usual lets just say that.

"simmens, shut the hell up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back