My first attempt at a clay sculpt *UPDATE* 10/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOT! Nice helmet man! That look awsome and from my point of view the propertions look right! Keep us updated! And most of all HAVE FUN! :lol:

I'm going to start cleaning up the edges later today, theres still a couple things I'm not too happy with but like you said it's all about having fun, and I'm having an absolute blast! Thanks for the encouragement fellas.

Barkode said:
I'm going to start cleaning up the edges later today, theres still a couple things I'm not too happy with but like you said it's all about having fun, and I'm having an absolute blast! Thanks for the encouragement fellas.

Not to happy with it?!?!?! I think it looks INSANE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the edges neccessarily have to be perfect though? I mean, don't you just go back and sand those types of places once you got the casted helm anyways?

BTW nice job, is it hard? Because if/when I get enough money for something like this, I might try depending on how difficult it is, though I gotta finish my pep suit first and see how that turns out.

PillowFire said:
Do the edges neccessarily have to be perfect though? I mean, don't you just go back and sand those types of places once you got the casted helm anyways?

BTW nice job, is it hard? Because if/when I get enough money for something like this, I might try depending on how difficult it is, though I gotta finish my pep suit first and see how that turns out.

Well honestly I have no idea about the edges on a casted helmet, I'v never molded or sculpted anything before heh. I look at it this way, the more detail I put into the clay the less work I'll have to put into the finished product, like I said thats just my opinion and could be wrong. Is it hard? Well as an amature it hasen't been all been all sunshine and rainbows haha practice makes perfect, it's definitely an art. I have nothing but the utmost respect for BlueRealm and the other sculptors of the 405th, they make this seem almost effortless in a sense, but it also makes me strive to get better. My advice is to just TRY it, what can happen really, you waste some clay? Worse things have happened :p

-barkode i am astounded, top notch, if you make casts let me know, i may be interested in buying one, WOW. all I can say

dead-spartan said:
i almost thought it was wood that looks good i want a cast.

and on a scale from 1 to 10 how hard was this.

Hmmm well I'd say probably an 8, although for me this seems less painful then all the sanding and dremeling I did on a pep helmet, just more time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back