My First Build...mkvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyWanShinobi

Never posted a topic on the 405th, so here we go. This is what I have been building since I joined the site. Should have done the high def helmet, but oh well. I have tried to make it look the best it can, but it's still low def. I still need to finish painting/texturing, respirator tubing, lights, head brace and visor. And then there is my pep chest... Comments and criticism is welcome. Any input on how to make it better will only help. Images are in my Photobucket album as well, so you may have to look through them, new to this so pics on the forum might not work right....

IMG_9830.jpg

IMG_9847.jpg

IMG_9845.jpg

IMG_9844.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg

IMG_9849.jpg

This is actually hot glue that I imprinted on when it was hot with some rubber stuff, then I cut off excess, and painted it, I'm missing detail so this makes up for it. Even if it's not accurate to MC's helmet, still looks kinda cool, I think.
IMG_9851.jpg

And my chest piece pepped....

IMG_9855.jpg

IMG_9856.jpg

My photobucket album: contains extra helmet pictures(pg.2), and pictures other than helmet (comp won't let me organize album, it's too stupid to download java...) :cautious: :

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/tobywanshinobi/

Looking good my friend! How long has it taken you, from start - to now to get where you are? Just wondering how time consuming this has been?

Both look like you are off to a good start. Glad you plan on adding the extras to the helm. That's a Squirl chest right? Looks nice and clean. Good job on it.

HaloFanChuck said:
Looking good my friend! How long has it taken you, from start - to now to get where you are? Just wondering how time consuming this has been?

Thanks man... Well it has taken much longer than it should have... ha ha. Trial and error.... I bondo'ed way too much(smothered) on the thing and ended up sanding back to the fiberglass. Then I have repainted many times. But my time lies mostly with sanding, bondoing, and painting mistakes. I have probably put 40+ hours of work in... (including pep, resin, glass, BONDO, SANDING, PAINT, detailing). Without mistakes, it would have probably been about 15-25 hours of work(rough estimate). I am pretty meticulous though... (And new to these things) So for someone else, it may be much quicker. Lookin to start your own? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
tlither said:
Both look like you are off to a good start. Glad you plan on adding the extras to the helm. That's a Squirl chest right? Looks nice and clean. Good job on it.

Yep, squirl. Thanks for the compliments. I guess the helmet looks more like a halo 2 helmet. I think I'll sell it when I'm done, I'm short on dough and it's a bit too large for me. Btw, you do an awesome job with E-zine.

Good job on the Chest.
Looks very symmetrical, not to mention it being HD.
I would recommend doing the helmet HD also, but that's your choice, what you have now is pretty good, If anything i would largely Sand it, its a good product but some pieces look rather "Bald", as in, no detail.

Still, just a bit of constructive criticism. Nice work, loving the chest still.

Which pep file did you use for the helmet? Just wondering about details...
And I love the chest piece! Looks really clean. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Great start!

pooper said:
Which pep file did you use for the helmet? Just wondering about details...
And I love the chest piece! Looks really clean. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Great start!

Robogenesis' normal definition helmet (mark VI)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back