my first fiberglass build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaredes291

Hi so this is my first fiberglass build and so far it's going well I am doing RvB Felix. But I ran into a problem when I sized the helmet I added an inch because when I did my foam helmet it was too small so I thought that might fix the problem so I sized the file and started but I could not get my head through the hole so I did some measurements and cut the hole bigger but I still can not get my head through that hole I want to cut it bigger bit I think it might make the helmet look wrong. I think I sized it wrong I use halogoddess sizing tut so ya any help is appreciated Thanks --Jared

imgs:
Et5Kl1D.jpg

069BSHc.jpg

Last edited:
use that measurement as a reference for how much more you need to scale it up. what I do is scale, then measure between the head openings, if it's too small, I scale it up a little more, then measure, etc, etc.. hope this helps!

k so i have ben re sizieing it and i found if i make the head hole the right size as my head the helmet is 395 mm tall that is a little too big i think i will have to cut part

ps i am making a halo 4 scout helmet

Ummm...are you sure you're scaling correctly? Measure from the tip of your nose to the very back of your head with a tape measure. now measure the length of the head-hole in Pepakura.
post both of the exact measurements here, and I'll try and help as best I can.

By the looks of it, your helmet is probably 30% too small, so scale accordingly.

Ah, but remember Chief's Halo 4 Legendary ending? His helmet expands, but it's super impractical and unrealistic.

yeah, that's kinda unavoidable, but check out Impact Props, the have some good Back-off mods for helmets.

Scale that helmet to about 170-180%, see how that works. :)

400mm tall is very tall for most helmet files. I'm guessing you're making the recruit, so there is nothing on top to skew the height. Most of my helmets have been between 280 and 320mm tall. Everybody's head is different though.

Things to keep in mind: 1. The pep opening does not have to be the final opening size. You can scale the helmet and then cut some or all of the opening away to allow your head to get in. 2. Watch both parts of this video.
it should give you a good idea on what you're trying to do. It's how I started. 3. Good luck and be sure to post your results!

Last edited:
vPg0Jfv.jpg

so this is my build parts but I don have a forearm or a bicep Felix's Forearms are Twin-Plated but there is not a fiberglass pdo for that so I might just go for scout arms so ya

and rip you can't see the chest and the helmet rip

View attachment 242176
so this is my build parts but I don have a forearm or a bicep Felix's Forearms are Twin-Plated but there is not a fiberglass pdo for that so I might just go for scout arms so ya

and rip you can't see the chest and the helmet rip
I'm confused as to what you mean by "no fiberglass PDO" all pepakura can be fiberglassed, so you can use any pep file that you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back