My first Halo Reach Spartan Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalbkino

This is the first time I've ever made something like this so I appreciate any tips/ suggestions/ help I receive. After reading all the stickies on this forum, I've started printing off the pepakura files and have finished gluing together the Spartan Mark V B helmet, 2 assault rifles, and 2 forearm pieces. I'm using the Halo Reach Spartan files that were Unfolded by BMcClain.

Pictures -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/25882690@N02/sets/72157625900444008/

Now I'm currently working on the bicep armor (I did have them finished but my 1 1/2 old niece thought they looked better in pieces than glued together >_<). I'll be updating this thread as I go.

Thank you for reading. ^_^

5389142480_0a6e4bba1d_m.jpg

helmet
5386452340_efe37183d7_m.jpg

assault rifles
5623203293_dd0fb25a63_m.jpg

forearm

Did you remember to scale everything? Those dont look right, it might be the odd angles you took the pictures at. Hard to say without it being referenced to your body. Other then that it looks good.

Also, use photobucket to host your images. That way you can paste the IMG tags here and we wont have to be redirected to another site.

The same thing can be done from Flikr.

The file owner need only click on "Share This" above the photo and select "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Paste that into their post.

sometimes it is best to keep the paper visor portion into the helmet to keep it from warping too much, just so you should know. it also helps during the rondo process Great work though :D

Did you remember to scale everything? Those dont look right, it might be the odd angles you took the pictures at. Hard to say without it being referenced to your body. Other then that it looks good.

Also, use photobucket to host your images. That way you can paste the IMG tags here and we wont have to be redirected to another site.

Yeah, the pieces do fit, though it took me 2 tries to get the scale right. And I haven't set up an photobucket account yet, but I'll look into to it, thanks!

The same thing can be done from Flikr.

The file owner need only click on "Share This" above the photo and select "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Paste that into their post.

Oh! I didn't know I could do that. Thank you!

sometimes it is best to keep the paper visor portion into the helmet to keep it from warping too much, just so you should know. it also helps during the rondo process Great work though :D

Really? Okay, I still have all the left over pieces in a labeled ziploc bag just in case I'd need them again. Thank you so much for the advise!

Wow! I haven't been on in quite awhile. I am still working on the Halo Reach armor, but I've also started building an Alphonse Suit from Fullmetal Alchemist as well. The Alphonse pep files were created by Pepmaster. -> http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/gallery/gallerydetails.php?id=771

Here's some pictures of the Alphonse Build:

6882533109_6f454b70db_m.jpg
Pepped Helmet by dalbkino, on Flickr

6993253869_f957f530e7_m.jpg
chest 1 by dalbkino, on Flickr

Here's some new pieces for the Halo build:

5830763909_1a257ce9e4_m.jpg
mark v bicep armor front view by dalbkino, on Flickr

5830755621_c5af5b59ed_m.jpg
mark v armor calf armor side 1 by dalbkino, on Flickr

I'll be starting on the hardening part of the halo armor this summer since all the pieces have been pepped. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back