My First Mark Vi Armor W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saber

Member DIN
S028
Hey guys! :D

I'm new to the 405th community (as of three or four days ago)and I'm working on my first Mark VI Halo Armor! So far, I've pepped the right hand Faceplate and the Assault rifle. Because I'm new, it might not be so good (compared to the super*sayan* people who do incredibly awesome on thiers). But I'm totally open to critisism and other comments.

I also have a question, how do I harden my Assault rifle? :unsure

I already know that I can paper mache, spray foam, cut in half then fiber glass, or slush it... But I wanna know what you guys think is the best method to this?

Thanks for checking out my thread (or forum, whatever it is...)! :lol

I'll have pictures up in a little while (after I find my camera cord...).

Here is my Assault rifle.

[attachment=11504:SDC10641.JPG]

[attachment=11505:SDC10645.JPG]

[attachment=11506:SDC10647.JPG]

And here is my Right Hand Faceplate.

[attachment=11508:SDC10653.JPG]

[attachment=11509:SDC10655.JPG]

[attachment=11507:SDC10648.JPG]

The pic of the faceplate on the glove is just to compare the size. what do you think? Too big? Too small?

Critisism and Comments gratefully accepted.

None of the pics are working & good luck on making your armor. If you have any Q's I'll help you out anyway I can & I would say you might want to size your armor an inch or 2 bigger.

well i built my rifle in top and bottom half and then resined the outsides and filled with expanding foam. but i over filled so mine buldged out to far and i had to cut some out and it didnt turn out to good. if you use the foam do a little at a time and i mean like bouncy ball size at a time. it will exand for about 2 hours.

Ok... I'm trying again. Tell me if you still can't see it.

[attachment=11523:SDC10641.JPG]

[attachment=11524:SDC10645.JPG]

My Assualt rifle...

I think it should work now.It's showing up on my screen so I think it worked...

Here's my right Handplate!

[attachment=11525:SDC10653.JPG]

[attachment=11526:SDC10655.JPG]

And here is my handplate sitting on top of my glove for sizing.

(Note: This is a cheap pair of $1 gloves, there is no extra bulk added to my hand...)

[attachment=11527:SDC10648.JPG]

Sorry if my pics are a little blurry...

But what do you think?

Do you think everything is straight? Is my Handplate too big? Too small?

(like before) Critisism and Comments gratefully accepted.

ur hand plate looks like a good size from what i can tell and ur AR looks good,i see that u used a lower def file,was that by choice or just the file u found

It was the one I found. I used the Pepakura File Index...

I knew it was low def too because it didn't have the muzzle or the flashlight. I figured I'd add that later on...

Hey, in the lines of combat: Any weapon is better than no weapon... :D

Oh! I'm also making the Magnum pistol. I think it's the high def because there are A LOT of tiny detailed pieces...

Yay! I got both Handplates pepped now! Check them out!

[attachment=11540:SDC10658.JPG]

Do you think they look a little uneven? I think one is bigger by like a mm... But no one would really notice, I hope (unless I decided to back hand them with the gloves on... :p).

I was thinking of doing the boots next... What do you think?

Hey, I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I 'm just gonna let you know, I don't work on my suit on the weekends... Just a little breather before I get back to making some kick-butt armor.

I'm not done with my boots yet. I'm working on them though! I'll get them posted soon!

'Till then! ;)

Hey again!

I got the Right Boot done before I went to bed! :D *yay!*

It still had a lot of the stringy stuff from the hotglue, but I'll clean them off later (so... tired...).

What do you guys think? If the pics are a little blurry, sorry.

I'm gonna work on the Left Boot tomorrow and I'll hopefully get it done ina few days.

Enjoy!

[attachment=11612:SDC10659.JPG]

[attachment=11615:SDC10665.JPG]

[attachment=11614:SDC10663.JPG]

[attachment=11616:SDC10666.JPG]

Critisism and Comments gratefully accepted!

Oh! And I also have a question...

You see the Pepakura pieces holding everything straight in the boot? Yea... Well do you think I should keep 'em in there 'till after I resined? Or should I take 'em out now so they're not in the way?

Ok thanks! :lol

I'm asking for future reference:

When I'm done with the boots, do you think I should continue with Pepping the Apendages? Or do you think that I should start working on the Chest, Belt, or Helmet?

its up to you im in the process of doing mine you can check it in my sig.

but i did all the right side and now working on the left then the chest but thats me

OK! I got my Left Boot done! :lol

[attachment=11638:SDC10674.JPG]

[attachment=11636:SDC10668.JPG]

[attachment=11637:SDC10672.JPG]

[attachment=11639:SDC10675.JPG]

And here is my Progress so far on Pepping!

[attachment=11640:SDC10670.JPG]

Enjoy! More Pics coming soon! :lol

I also have another question!

Are there any HD Shins and Thighs? I had the LD's but I want to make them as much HD as I can! Thanks! :lol

Thats looking good I may need to have you show me how to do the feet LOL keep it up,... by the way the gun is looking good to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back