1st Build My Mark VI Gen 1 cosplaying build progress!

MasterChiefProd

Jr Member
Member DIN
S325
Hello everyone, this is my Mark VI Gen 1 build that I will be making! I completed one cosplay (which was the young master chief one [I spray painted the helmet to match my main spartan armor which I got from Amazon.), but I never built an entire suit out of foam. Anyways, I finished the shoulder pads last night and given the pace we're going, we should be done with the arms by tonight.

Below you will see our progress on the armor. I will post more updates as we go. Feel free to give me positive feedback and ways I can improve my suit.

(This suit's color scheme will be based off Master Chief's armor color in Halo Infinite. Meaning he will have the 117 number on his chest, but the suit's armor will be based off Halo 2-3.)

Hopefully everyone enjoys the suit, and I cannot wait to show it off at MegaCon 2024!

1704645252072.png

Making pretty good progress. First gauntlet is done and both shoulder pads are complete! We should be done by tonight! Tomorrow we will work on the torso and the back.

EDIT: Both gauntlets have been completed.
View attachment 340130
looks really nice and the size is natural. The only thing that I see is the seam connections you will have to put in a lot of filler to make the seams smother. I always try to make the seams butt up closer. Making the seams butt up closer helps with not to use a lot of filler and sanding. I learned how to get my seams closer was in the 405th tutorial videos. The tutorials in 405th do help a lot from knowing how to undercut and bevel cut the foam.

Chestplate is 99% done. We need the abs and the velcro and then we’re done! Thoughts everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_9844.jpeg
    IMG_9844.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9845.jpeg
    IMG_9845.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
i apologize for no updates from the past few days, I was busy with school but here it is. The cod piece is done along with the butt plate. (I know it’s tilted).

But we’re nearly done! All we need are the thighs, leggings and shoes and then the suit is completed! (After that we’ll do the painting)

Attachments

• IMG_9895.jpeg
    IMG_9895.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9898.jpeg
    IMG_9898.jpeg
    652.7 KB · Views: 29

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back