My First Mark Vi Armor W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY 405th! I know it has been a while. School has been extremely stressful lately...

I haven't gotten much done, but I got a bunch of pictures for you! (some aren't that good)

So I finished pepping my COD but I didn't posr any pics for that because I think it's too small. My hips are generally wider, and I didn't measure by width for my COD, but for my height.

I also finished pepping my thigh and it's looking good. (In last picture.)

Unfortunately, my closet has a "library" in the side that hangs over my pep projects. One of my sisters used my HUMUNGOUS (misspelled?) dictionary and didn't put it away right. So I woke up one night to a deafening crunch. It crushed my left forearm and bent up my AR. It's the only place where I can put my pep projects, so... :(

The damage to my forearm piece is too gruesome for 405th, but here are some pics of my bent up AR:

SDC10914.jpg

A hole in the AR ^

SDC10915.jpg

Unstraightened AR ^

SDC10913.jpg

I tried straightening it in this pic, but it was just too bad and so I've decided that I need to repep my AR.

It was my first pep job and it wasn't all that good so I guess it was a good thing. I'll try making a HD AR later after pepping the rest of my suit.

So besides my little unfortunate event, I did get a piece or two pepped. So here's my progress overall.

SDC10916.jpg

If you look closely, the COD piece looks like an autobot helmet from this angle. I just felt like putting that in... ha.

nice progress the same thing happened when I peped my assult rifle and the cod piece sorta looks like ratchet

To Stickylor: I thinks it's just the lighting... But I'll try to be more careful, I don't have a lot of room in my house.

Okay, I finished pepping my right shin piece.

I was thinking from working from bottom to top, so I think I'll do the Left Thigh next.

SDC10918.jpg
SDC10922.jpg

SDC10920.jpg

The back of my right thigh is kinda funky, because it was the last piece I put on the shin. Also, my newly made shin is just slightly bigger than my left one. Oops...

I wrote down my measurements, I must have rounded up... :/

I also have to fix the "screws" on the front of my left shin. I accidentally made the screws protrude instead of intrude. So I'll have to print out the screws and replace the old ones.

And to all of my other readers and supporters, thanks for reading my thread and rooting me on! It's a very slow process, but I'm in no big rush. I hope to get my suit done by "Halo-ween" next year. (Not a bad goal, I must say...)

Great job on everything so far!

Here's your mystery piece, you will have to cut it a bit to fit:

IMAG0052.jpg

Looks like it is a mystery piece no more.

hey man good work so far

I am interest in what pistol file u used for that one you got there

is it just the one from wiki because i cant see or it has a loose mag as well

thanks

Bram76 said:
hey man good work so far

I am interest in what pistol file u used for that one you got there

is it just the one from wiki because i cant see or it has a loose mag as well

thanks

I got the pistol from Kokujo's link, which is on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

Hey 405th!

My right forearm is finished in the pepping stage! (But my computer doesn't want to upload the pic right now)

Because of the state of my left forearm (got crushd) I'm pepping another one. I won't have enough paper to pep the rest of my suit after I pep the forearm, so I gotta go get some more.

Since I'm getting so close to finishing the pepping satge (finally...) I've been looking around different stores for resin and cartridge masks.

The HomeDepot nearby sells Fiberglass resin for $36 and the mask is around $30.

Is there any other places I should look before I resort to the internet for shopping?

Thanks,

Saber

Well it depends, how much fiberglass resin is it?(like a gallon, half a gallon?)

And the mask, it doesn't really matter. Just as long as it protects your lungs from the fumes. But yeah, get the mask that uses cartridges.

If you have a Lowes, then I would look there too. They sell most of the stuff that Home Depot sells.

Hoped this helped. (BTW you are coming along very nicely with your armor.)

The resin I found at Home Depot was a gallon pack. I know that I'll be needing a lot because I'm resining my entire suit, plus weapons. The gallon was the only size they are selling at Home Depot, but I'll check out the Lowes that's down the road (I didn't really think about that... ha)

I also checked EBAY last night and I found a cartridge mask for $6 with free shipping, but my mom's not letting me get it because the person(s?) who's selling it, would be sending it from Hong Kong.

Thank you guys for rooting me on!

In the future, you'll be seeing a fantastic mini-spartan (I'm short... (5'6")) digitally plastered on this thread!

Thanks again,

Saber

Everything is looking good, also sorry about your left forearm and Assault rifle. Your pistol looks quite a bit big (maybe just me though). Also here is the HD Assault rifle by Nugget (3rd post down) if you would rather it, it's a big step up. :D

Saber said:
Hey again!

I got the Right Boot done before I went to bed! :D *yay!*

It still had a lot of the stringy stuff from the hotglue, but I'll clean them off later (so... tired...).

What do you guys think? If the pics are a little blurry, sorry.

I'm gonna work on the Left Boot tomorrow and I'll hopefully get it done ina few days.

Enjoy!

[attachment=11612:SDC10659.JPG]

[attachment=11615:SDC10665.JPG]

[attachment=11614:SDC10663.JPG]

[attachment=11616:SDC10666.JPG]

Critisism and Comments gratefully accepted!

Oh! And I also have a question...

You see the Pepakura pieces holding everything straight in the boot? Yea... Well do you think I should keep 'em in there 'till after I resined? Or should I take 'em out now so they're not in the way?

so are you new or what because it says this was posted on the 24 of agust or something

Blitzkrieg said:
so are you new or what because it says this was posted on the 24 of agust or something

Blitzkrieg:

Yes I would consider myself very new. I joined 405th August 16, 2009.

Jason: Thanks for the AR file! I actually prefer working on HD pieces becuase it offers a challenge, and as I get along, the end result will be amazing (id I do it right).

Yea, the pistol is kinda big, but I figured once I resin it and fill it with expanding foam (very carefully I might add...) I would shave it down till it fit comfortably in my hand. To my dad, the pistol fits his hand. But since I'm a girl, my hand's a lot smaller, so I have to compromise. I also figured that the rest of the suit would make the pistol look smaller anyway.

-Saber

Hey guys,

I finished pepping my other forearm and now I have both pictures posted!

My lovely assistant, modeling my pieces, is my younger sister! *applauds*

Here's both pieces:

SDC10954.jpg

Here's the Right forearm:

SDC10955.jpg

Here's the left Forearm:

SDC10956.jpg

Just to recap why I repepped my left forearm was because it got crushed in a dictionary incident...

But anyway, enjoy and please comment:

I'm back!!!!

It's been a while and I apoligize for the wait.

I've finished pepping my right shoulder! :D

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/VvSabervV/Pictures2010082.jpg

The back side that covers the biceps has always been a doozie for me. Even my left shoulder's bicep looks a little funny. But I'm glad that it's done with.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/VvSabervV/Pictures2010071.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/VvSabervV/Pictures2010012.jpg

The best part of me being done with the shoulder is that...

I AM DONE WITH THE APPENDAGES!!!!! :D

So my now developing dilemma is deciding what to do next.

I know the measurements for my helmet, but I do not know how do measure for my chest piece. I'm leaving my COD plate for last, since I'm trying to lose weight by the time I'm done with my suit.

Can someone tell me how I can take the measurements for the chest?

I do not know whether I should work on the gigantic chest piece, or the fabled MC helmet. I'll have to sleep on it.

Thanks for following this thread and please comment!!!

EDIT: If the pics aren't working, please let me know! I'll try to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back