My First Master Chief Progect. With Lot A Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I really wish that every new person could be like this guy. Here he is, a total noob, and through READING THE TUTORIALS created some amazing armor! This is why reading the stickies is so important. He could just as easily have posted 3 threads asking how to do everything, but he didn't.

mc hammer time said:
AGREED WITH POST.

Yeah what I put in the Post box pretty sums up what I'm thinking right now. (Tacos, tacos, burritos.) lol.

But yeah, you're armour looks awesome, looks even better then mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is some nice looking armor. I like MC hammer time, I commend you for reading the tutorials. It really looks like it paid off.

Deadlights801 said:
Ya. I used the tutorial found in the forums. I just used a rotary tool was quit easy... i was nervous to do it... i accidentely scratched part of the visor on one spot =( but since my suit is gunna be battle worn...I ended up scratching other parts of the visor for looks... came out well i think.

It really looks great. I'll probably give it a try then since yours came out so well. My armor will be battle worn too so if I scratch my visor then oh well I guess :lol

Update

[attachment=15869:mc11.jpg]

arms coming along.... I have read alot of posts and tutorials about scaling and how lots of people had difficulty....i didn't actually use any of them. I just looked at the pepakura model....and went off of that....example for the forearm, since you have 3 choices to put in the pep scaler thingy and it auto adjusts... H,W,and depth i believe....i just took the most top part of the model and the most bottom point of the model...then mesured my arm and where i want those points to end and scaled in in millimeters by Height. So i wanted the forearm to be about 30cm. so i put the Height at 300 mil. ..so far its been working for me......That a good method? or am i going to end up screwing something up down the road?

Deadlights801 said:
Update

[attachment=15869:mc11.jpg]

arms coming along.... I have read alot of posts and tutorials about scaling and how lots of people had difficulty....i didn't actually use any of them. I just looked at the pepakura model....and went off of that....example for the forearm, since you have 3 choices to put in the pep scaler thingy and it auto adjusts... H,W,and depth i believe....i just took the most top part of the model and the most bottom point of the model...then mesured my arm and where i want those points to end and scaled in in millimeters by Height. So i wanted the forearm to be about 30cm. so i put the Height at 300 mil. ..so far its been working for me......That a good method? or am i going to end up screwing something up down the road?

haha no worries man, that's a perfectly fine method to use. i know a bunch of people who do it that way and they have produced some SWEET armour. i would have done it that way, but was lazy and found a different way of doing it... though now i wish i had of just measured each part, cause i am having to build a minimum of two size testers for everything to make sure the sizing is right lol

that is some fine looking peps!

:D thats the same scaling method i used and its works perfectly all round, yours is going to look great when your done :p

Sorry for double post but i posted the last one yesterday and now i have finished my left arm to show.

[attachment=16010:mc12.jpg] [attachment=16011:mc13.jpg]

So do people cut the bottom sides of the torso off... cause i find it hard to put my arms down cause of the bicep hitting that side.

You're armor is looking VERY nice and you seem to be getting the pieces completely finished pretty fast so I wanted to ask you, are you NOT using any bondo for some/all of the pieces?

I just want to know because time is running short for me and I want my armor to look really nice (especially after all the crap I went through to make it how I wanted), but I fear that the bondo and sanding will take up too much time and I won't have my armor finished in time. Although, I might still use some bondo ONLY on my helmet at this point.

As for people cutting the bottom sides of the torso off.........I don't know about that. I think every time I have seen a finished costume, everything was how it should be. I don't recall ever seeing any part of the torso modified to allow for putting your arms down better.

I really like the color scheme. Lol about the arms, I mean it sucks, but the Chief was so beefy he couldnt put his arms down.

HaloGoddess said:
You're armor is looking VERY nice and you seem to be getting the pieces completely finished pretty fast so I wanted to ask you, are you NOT using any bondo for some/all of the pieces?

I just want to know because time is running short for me and I want my armor to look really nice (especially after all the crap I went through to make it how I wanted), but I fear that the bondo and sanding will take up too much time and I won't have my armor finished in time. Although, I might still use some bondo ONLY on my helmet at this point.

As for people cutting the bottom sides of the torso off.........I don't know about that. I think every time I have seen a finished costume, everything was how it should be. I don't recall ever seeing any part of the torso modified to allow for putting your arms down better.

im using the rondo method for my armor....so every piece has been bondoed.... the great thing about rondo is that if you do it right....it hardens smooth so not a lot of sanding is needed..... but for areas that need sculpting i use regular bondo...

as for the torso.... hmmm... i wonder when i buy my under armor for it.... if i can attach the bicep to the actual pressure suit... and cut off the inner bicep part ...cause thats whats actually hitting the side TRIAL AND ERROR hear i come.

Uhh well, people don't cut it, some times they just really thin the inside, but it will be a little awkward, as with any armor. Besides, master chief never puts his arms down, he walks like a wrestler, His shoulders up and elbows out.

First off, everything looks absolutely great so far, keep it up.

Secondly, I have a quick question. How strong is the final piece while only doing the rondo method and forgoing fiberglass? I'm new but I've been surfing these forums for the past couple days watching every tutorial video and reading everything I could get my eyes on, and I couldn't seem to find an answer for this.

Also, how much rondo do put on the outside/inside?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back