My first needler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGLordBert

Well got something new! I upgraded my printers and started a new project…

Since the announcement of GalaxyCon in Columbus, OH, and reading the rules, I’ve taken on new project of making a few needlers for me and my squad.

Human style weapons are actually not allowed at GalaxyCon, and I didn’t have anything BUT human weapons. So I thought of the best covey weapon there is… the pink mist itself. Lol

Found a beautifully crafted needler file on thingiverse, did some small cosmetic changes in meshmixer, then order the right filament and started up. Great thing about this file is it’s separated so you can print in different colors. I chose to do separate color filament for time sake. Only have a month an a half to get three of them done. So print colors and no painting.

Another thing about this print is that it’s crafted for internal wiring to make the needles glow. I haven’t gotten that far yet. But that is next to do.

Check it out and let me know what you thing or if you have any tips or pointers to improve.
DB219FCB-D56A-413D-ABDA-85A8D64C3FF2.jpeg

4D000613-E549-430D-831B-C2B65E095789.jpeg

1FB32AFE-B616-4FC4-8E5C-3234145D6D3D.jpeg

AE7D037D-7896-44AC-8C28-EE4F1CAE4B41.jpeg

0CFAAD81-E11C-4F05-B2E2-3FDB5032D20A.jpeg

AC24BACF-7859-4D29-9E46-883D0F5DA776.jpeg
EC47C088-9580-468F-9FBE-95E29CC3B19B.jpeg

Like that due to time limitations you chose to go the print the color route instead of just saying "I won't take a weapon". Plus it'll make for a great conversation piece to talk about printing props. Out of curiosity what scale did you go with?

This looks so awesome! I have the same thingiverse file saved, I hope it turns out as cool as yours. What did you have to change in the file?

This looks so awesome! I have the same thingiverse file saved, I hope it turns out as cool as yours. What did you have to change in the file?
the little door latch cover on the back for the battery compartment was a little big and not shaped perfectly in my opinion. made it fit better with some magnet slots. I also added some holes for magnets on trigger piece and top needle shrouds.

Oh man that looks amazing! That purple filament works really well and even off the printer it looks great. Definitely going to try and find that file now on thingiverse and use those small changes.

Oh man that looks amazing! That purple filament works really well and even off the printer it looks great. Definitely going to try and find that file now on thingiverse and use those small changes.
heres the thing number for you and anyone else.

:::update::: 10/22/22

Alright. I think I got it done… all my wiring stuff came in today and I started in right on it. Runs on a 8 AA battery pack with a switch built into the hand grip.

First video is a small test with just a 9v battery. The LEDs I used are multi volt car style LEDs. The end result runs on a total of 12v.

22073E12-D6E6-4331-AA44-496387B4E411.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back