My First Papercraft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4k3dg4m3r

The Marine

As you might've guessed I have begun building my very first papercraft armor. I have always wanted to build props and awesome looking costumes that would be worthing for showing off as cosplay-grade material, lol. Though building tended to be on the expensive side... but!!! THEN THERE WAS PAPERCRAFT!!! I was so happy to learn about papercrafting, because I immediately began to see my dreams come true.​
So, with that inspirational mumbo jumbo out of the way... I have chosen to build The Terran Marine Suit as my first attempt. Huge armor, I love starcraft... why wouldn't I choose it.
I have begun building already. Though I have a family, wife and 3 kids. My daughter is 4, 1s son is 2 and my baby boy is 2 months. As you might imagine I am pretty busy with that alone. I also, of course, work full-time as an electronics repair tech. I am the only tech the company has. So I have those stresses on top of everything else.​
Nevertheless, I will do my best to devote weekends to my build. I have so far spent approximately 4.5 hours to the build. My initial goal is to have my build finished and ready in time for Comic-Con 2011. I have about 236 days from the date of this post to complete it. So, let's build!!!

This is the work I had mentioned before. This is what 4.5 hours got me so far.
IMAG0156-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0156-1.jpg
    IMAG0156-1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 165
Keep it up man, im glad u started with the chest because its the most daunting part to paper build. I wanted to give up so many times cause its so time consuming, but if u have 236 days then you totaly got this!

LOL, thanks mschmotz! It is taking forever!! so many stupid tiny itty-bitty pieces!!! But, in the end I''m sure it will be worth it!

I did manage to get another 4.5 hours into the build. Though I need to take a picture, was very tired when I was finished with that build session as I had pulled an all-nighter from friday night through breakfast saturday... :-| Doesn't look like I did a lot but it was a bunch of the little pieces with half a dozen folds each! Though I will not stop! I will keep pressing on!! Right after I get more glue... my two eldest kids, of who are 4 and 2, got into my office supplies and ate my new stick of glue. :eek: Don't worry though, they are fine. It was non-toxic glue. So on my way home today I will stop at Wally World and pick up some new packs of glue and possibly a padlock. Then Post new pix of my build progress. I was alsp live on my Justin.tv channel. Which can be found here here. So feel free to take a gander at my all-nighter work through. Leave me comments here @ 405th or on my Justin.TV page!!!

Awesome work, i started on this build as well, and have the legs, and chest complete, me and 2 friends are going to Sakura Con 2011 well, we are building two marine suits and a Nova(female ghost). it's looking to be a fun build and we are having a lot of fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back