My First Project (Few Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quietblue

Hello 405th

I thought it was about time that I introduced myself properly. For the past couple of months I have trawled the forums reading quite a bit and while doing this worked on my own little project in my spare time. I am now ready to fibreglass it and have decided that it is about time I revealed it and myself to the forum so here it is:

[attachment=11511:DSC00764.JPG]

[attachment=11512:DSC00765.JPG]

[attachment=11513:DSC00768.JPG]

[attachment=11514:DSC00769.JPG]

[attachment=11515:DSC00770.JPG]

[attachment=11516:DSC00772.JPG]

[attachment=11518:DSC00774.JPG]

First off apologies for the bad pictures, I had to use my phone as my Nikon D90 decided to die at the weekend while at a local car meet...

Yes I admit that there is some warping in the paper but I have made a piece of test armor which is an oversized Spartan hand piece (dinner plate sized) which had some warping to it but as I put the resin on it I was able to make the warping very much a minor thing and with my history of working on cars (smoothing out door handles and panels etc) I should just be able to make it look like quite a good little set for my first time build. Already I have a lot of backing from a lot of people, mostly friends but some family in there too. I also have interest from a small paintball company near by who have asked if I could make some with the usual plastic casting process and then strengthen it a bit which I am sure I will be able to do easily.

This was meant to be just a small personal project that I had no intention of mass producing but it looks like I am going to get a lot back from it which really does help me out with my current low in funds which has admittedly slowed making down quite a bit. However from today I have the backing of a friend who has put money into the project to get enough resin/fibreglass and we are about to start on that today.

All feedback is welcome even if it's criticism as I like to know what I am doing wrong along with what I am doing right :D

DUDE ,DAM!! nice pieces there ."welcome to the 405th" and also looks like youve put a massive amount of effort in it well done! cait wait to see more progress

Very nice work dude. I will criticize a bit for constructive purposes and warn you I see a few dips in the paper so you might want to fix those a little before you continue but they are all great. Good work!

-Napthali-​

Yeah I noticed that myself while taking these pictures, if nothing else then I am just going to use a bit more filler in some places then others, Thanks though :D

As I mentioned before about my test piece, I thought I would put a picture up of it as well just to give people a laugh at the Master Chief dinner plate hands :D

[attachment=11522:DSC00776.JPG]

Hey Chris,

good work dude!! Looks like u have a plan, and u have done alota mor work than i....

waitin for more progress

bye

Chris C said:
As I mentioned before about my test piece, I thought I would put a picture up of it as well just to give people a laugh at the Master Chief dinner plate hands :D

[attachment=11522:DSC00776.JPG]

WOW! Now thats a handplate! You can be certain there will be no damage to your hand when wearing that thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL nice hand plates deffenitly epic fail awesomeness there if i where u i'd hang that up somewhere lol justa word of advice just make sure u do not double post if u need to add extra just edit ur existing on ok but loving the work i wait to see more

@ GiR3892

Yeah apologies for that, I clicked Edit but couldn't find where to add the picture so I thought I would put it up anyway despite the double post (boredum waiting for resin to dry....)

@ Tango 89er

Cheers mate, I thought I would make the Marine to be a bit different as I do have a legendary MK 6 set anyway, going to replace that eventually with my own but seeing as I had it I thought I would do something else for now :D

Hey sorry for the delay in posting, I have had some trouble with my university place so the project has basically been put on hold.

All I have managed to do is resin a single shoulder and shape the most of it, I still have the small side parts to make more rounded but that shouldn't take too long although now I have a little bit of time this is being put to the side as this morning my visor came for the legendary spartan armor I bought so I will be fitting it, and yes I didn't make it but after my marine armor is done I plan to, plus I am going to the ODST launch in it for Xbox and getting paid by the shop a fair amount which will in turn fund the making.

More updates will come as and when I actually get that little moment to work on it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back