My First Project (hurray For Cliché Titles!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridiculous

wa2eja.jpg

MC Helmet pepped. It's my first ever pep work, so it's very sloppy. I kept it because I wanted to experiment with the whole process for practice.
Originally, I bought two visors with the intention of carving out the visor design on MC's helmet. Let's just say my dremmel skills need some work. I scratched the carved part and made it too thin, so I ended up throwing it out.

Here's a frontal view:

o04c3t.jpg

MANY thanks to this wonderful site. You guys have a brilliant collection of resources; tutorials and the like. ^__^

O then you're doing it right. It just looks like it has a bit of warpage, but for your first pep ever, it's a very good job! :D

VladtheRussian said:
O then you're doing it right. It just looks like it has a bit of warpage, but for your first pep ever, it's a very good job! :D

Thanks, and yes, unfortunately it does have a lot of warpage. In any case, I went through with it because I figured it wouldn't be too big of a deal if I messed up.
I put resin on it yesterday and fiberglass just about an hour ago, I'll post pics up when it's dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you should have applied resin and fiberglass to that piece. It would be a bit of a challenge to to fix all that warp-age in that state.

Confucious T said:
I'm not sure if you should have applied resin and fiberglass to that piece. It would be a bit of a challenge to to fix all that warp-age in that state.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. However, I was almost sure I'd make SOME mistake with the resin/fiberglass, so I went ahead and did it just for the experience.
We'll see how it turns out :unsure:

For a first piece, I'd say it was good practice. Resin/glass was probably not a good idea. Consider it a learning experience and move on. On the next one, take your time. You will build great armor - it just takes patience.

spartanx360 said:
i should consider remaking it

Yup, I'm not going to bother finishing this piece, but I'll keep it as reference.
I'll try building another pep model and see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back