My First Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfAChief

Hey, I joined up about 3 or 4 hours ago and I'm already to start working. I watched the noob intro vid by Adam, I read the stickies, and I am ready to start. I would like to try to make The Meta from Red vs. Blue
I will need:
EVA Helmet
CQB Left shoulder
EOD Right shoulder
Scout chestplate
The normal armor pieces for Multiplayer (Mark VI variant)
EDIT: Does anyone have any idea how much this might cost?

Welcome to the 405th. Most if not all of the parts you are looking for can be found in the pepakura section un the creation disucssion. As for you question for the total cost of your project it really varies depending what you are going to make your armor out of and where you get your materiaels. Also is depends how accuret you are going to make either the undersuit or the armor/helmet with lights, fans, and all that jazz. I really hope this helps you out and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Can't wait to see your project done. Good luck.

Just and FYI, I have not seen anyone make a really good EVA helmet without some super skills and/or cash. I would suggest trying a different helmet...

Just and FYI, I have not seen anyone make a really good EVA helmet without some super skills and/or cash. I would suggest trying a different helmet...

I concur. That visor is almost impossible to do. The security one is the same way. Check out the new reach helms there pretty cool. And welcome to the 405th

theres a cheap way to make the visor but do you want to possable destory a oven in the process?
make a molding of the visor frist off then get some plastic and slowly heat it in the oven on top of the mold i really do not suejest this i actuly learn about this by acident when i left a pot in the oven with a plastic top on it you have no idea how hard it was to get this top off after it cold down for me to get to it but thats one way of doing it luckly didnt destory the oven but left me with a plastic lid in shape of a plastic pot just like vac forming only with out the vac lolxD

thats one possable cheap way to do it this happened about a year ago again i do not suejest this as
A. can start a fire
B. toxic smoke is possable
C. its melts of the model nicely but then fuse's to the rack

if do try it things that are must and have to options over.
Gasmask plastic is toxic
ventalation air is going to smell really bad vent that room to the outside
bakeing sheets that you dont care about loseing it beats doing it over a rack and spending hours trying to break it off it
molds that are not made out of things that melt clay mold maybe not sure on that metal like pan that can take the heat probable better idea
moms promission only if dont own your own place
oven that you dont caare about is better then one you cook in
protection its going to be hot for your safety please wear the right stuff
!!!!!!!SAFETY!!!!!! its not a option

this is dangerous cuation and tons of it dont not take things for granted its liek a sword i was sharpining i didnt do safety its not fun with you cut your self for safety safety safety this is not optional you can get hurt really bad and burns really suck i know this for a facted
last one is i really do not suejest this but i just throwing it up cuse its cheap and its random idea possablity of working 5% maybe as id rather e fork out to money those guys would pay as i dont have a oven i can destory every day

Alright thanks for all the tips! Instead of an EVA I'm going to try to make a standard Mark VI. Like I said; I am new and I have no clue how to make this stuff. I guess I've gotta start searching the internet.

for my i had no clue bout how to start with pep but ran across this guy on youtube his vids might be of some help sure helped me out i just need get my supplys ready

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the sake of talking shop.....
I saw a special on Modern Marvels where they were showing how gum ball machines were made. The clear orb that holds the gum balls is two pieces of clear plastic that are formed by heating, then placing over a board with a round hole in it. Air was forced behind the plastice, pushing it though the hole and essentially "blowing a bubble" with the plastic. Kind of a reverse vacuforming I suppose. It seems like you could make an EVA visor with a similar technique (maybe an oval hole), but the setup would have to be considerably fancier than your average vacuform table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back