My First Suit of Armor and Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsawyer494

Hey everybody!

Just thought I would start my first thread out with my intro and the start of my first suit!

Name:Sawyer
Favorite Halo: 3
Hobbies: Video Games, Hunting, Fishing, Anything Outdoorsy, Guitar, Karate

So I decided that for my first suit of armor I would go with the Mark VI armor and basically create Master Chief! So far I have the helmet pepped and I am waiting on my resin to come in so I can harden it. I'm hoping I can finish my suit by Halloween, but no real deadline set. I would rather take longer and get it right then rush and it look bad. So, expect pics and updates soon!

Got my resin today! Two coats on the outside. Probably gonna do two more tomorrow. My fiberglass should come in next week along with my visor. Started cutting out the chest piece. SO MANY PAGES!!! Magnum is cut out just gotta glue it together and harden it! Pics coming soon.

Here are a couple pics of my MC helmet. I had to scrap my magnum and chest piece. Both were wayyyyyy too big. almost through cutting out the new chest piece.

HaloHelmetUpdate012.jpg

HaloHelmetUpdate011.jpg

HaloHelmetUpdate010.jpg

HaloHelmetUpdate009.jpg

found some fiberglass at Lowe's so I am gonna do that today and maybe rondo it too!

Hey guys, just a quick update,
Tests and whatnot have stalled me a little bit with the progress of my armor, and the fact that the fiberglass I bought from lowes will, in fact, NOT work for fiberglassing the helmet. So I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the correct fiberglass. I am 98% through with pepping the chest piece, and it looks like it will indeed fit! Decided to kinda mod the armor just a hair to my personal preferences, I am going to put a knife on the chest piece. Mostly because I found a really BA looking knife at the Army Surplus Store for cheap! So I am gonna go ahead and! put it on there. Long weekend this coming weekend so maybe I can get some decent headway made on this project! Pics to come once the chest piece is completed and resined. Any comments on a good place to split it so I can get it on?

Split it on the natural lines of the armor, a seam or the like. this will make it hard to notice once the you strap/clip the two halfs together. Keep workin at it, you'll get it.

I did my helmet like yours. I didnt like how it warped. Im gonna do the next one with the visor on. Good luck with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back