My friend has been hacked. He got recon. Skyllus Vbi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadingspartan

Man this is just sad. Out of all the people in the world i cannot bielieve some people do this.
Posted by: arCtiC vBi
Yeah so I'm making this as widespread as I can. Today, Skyllus' XBL account was hacked for his Halo 3 Recon Armor which had been given to by Bungie. The gentleman that hacked his account also came by our forums to "brag" about doing it. So it is VERY feasible for someone to hack accounts, despite Microsoft's claims that it can't and hasn't been done...His account has been hacked 3 times in the past 2 months. 18004MYXBOX has hung up on him, Windows Live Support has turned a blind eye to the issue, and I've found it impossible to contact anyone who can make a difference.

Here's the thread on our site that this guy came too (along with a few pictures and more explanation of what happened):

http://www.team-vbi.net/teamvbi/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3826

Please, help draw some attention to this issue. It happened to him and it can happen to you as well unless Microsoft pays some attention to this.

You can help my posting here, posting in the thread on our site, and letting any news sources you know of get wind of the issue. I'd appreciate it if Bungie could do a report on this as well, as it is a rather serious issue.

This is not a joke at all, Skyllus asked me to post this because he obviously cannot log into the windows live ID because he DOESNT have his account. A number of MLG high profile players have had their accounts hacked in the past and Microsoft ignored the issue. The hacker posted on our site so we may or may not have the exact IP address (we doubt it). Help us out Bungie!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
this is ridiculas, file a lawsuit against microsoft, that should get their attention, also, find out this guy's IP adress, and file a lawsuit against him as well, this is absolutly ridiculas, spam call Microsoft and threaten lawsuits, do lawsuits, use all legal power you have to get your account back.

By the way, I am going to hold off on buying a 360, if this is how crap microsoft's service is, I don't think I want to get my account jacked, and have to pay for some stupid retard stealing accounts.

PillowFire said:
this is ridiculas, file a lawsuit against microsoft, that should get their attention, also, find out this guy's IP adress, and file a lawsuit against him as well, this is absolutly ridiculas, spam call Microsoft and threaten lawsuits, do lawsuits, use all legal power you have to get your account back.

By the way, I am going to hold off on buying a 360, if this is how crap microsoft's service is, I don't think I want to get my account jacked, and have to pay for some stupid retard stealing accounts.
uh... i dont think filing a law suit against microsoft is gonna help... we CAN file a law suit against the guy who stole it. wich he messaged on that forum if you didnt see :whistle: imbisole, this guys gon down!

PillowFire said:

dude, just dont do anything really great, or get some kind of really rare armor, and you'll be fine. last night i called the help line, and the guy helping me was really nice, and helpful(duh, its a help line).

Oh and just a shout out to you guys that get the crappy service from microsoft, did you guys register your xbox 360??

The hacker must have a virus-type program that eats into information stored in a database. Then he easily finds a guy's password or easily changes a guy's account settings.

This should be taken to court, as Bungie and Microsoft aren't doing anything about it.

Rid3r said:
The hacker must have a virus-type program that eats into information stored in a database. Then he easily finds a guy's password or easily changes a guy's account settings.

This should be taken to court, as Bungie and Microsoft aren't doing anything about it.

From what I've read, the "hacker" calls the xbox support line and asks just the right questions so the tech support person gives him just enough information to be able to get into the persons account. I believe it's called Social Engineering

Well. My First post here , so , if I may say , hello to everyone.

-

Social Engineering is a common feature among Black Hat Hackers/crackers. It's a shame to see that Microsoft doesn't have better policies to protect people against things like this. After someone works hard , maybe in a Tournament , and their name and e-mail gets out ---they get their gamertag they worked hard for hijacked.

If I were him/you , I would make a big fuss over it on the internet and keep contacting bungie and microsoft , they may do something.

Also , if he can do it , I'm sure you can too. Try to find a way to "beat the system" and get your account back the same way the slimy bast*** got it.

Good Luck on getting your friends gamer tag back!

-Joe

Wow, thats gotta suck. I think i played online with him once. Sad that M$ and Bungie aren't doing anything about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back