My G/f's Rikku Ffx-2 Thief Cosplay - Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensai111

Hey guys, just a few hours away from AdventureCon. It's 11pm Est here and we just finished putting together my g/f's first ever cosplay, Rikku in her Thief dressphere from Final Fantasy X-2. We'll be doing a photoshoot this weekend but I thought I'd give you guys a sneak peek at the near finished product. Sorry about the quality, took these with my iPhone. What do you think?

x2-rikku-a.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

and these are the wicked pep model blades I just finished thanks to our very own rundown, thanks buddy! I've got some gifts coming to you right away :D
IMG_0244.jpg

Cheers,
Kensai

PS: I'm aware some things are missing from these pictures but we have them ready now (the sleeves, earrings, headband and hair and the tassels on the pouch). I'll update the post with them tomorrow :)

Thanks guys, will update as soon as we roll into AdventureCon. Packing right now and grabbing some zzz's before the trip.

Cheers,
Kensai

Very nice! A cosplay that's overdone, but not really done right, and you guys NAILED it perfectly! I really like the paint job on those thief knives...:D

Well done there, I have to say that everything was spot on, except that a wig was probably needed to make it perfect. Other than that, I must say that that was the best Rikku I have seen yet.

If I might add a few critiques:

Next time, she should invest in a wig. It would cut styling time in half, and you can get volume out of a wig that you just can't get with real hair. That, and bleach is bad for your hair.

The blades look a bit small, about half the size they should be. Maybe upgrade them?

She needs a really bright orange trim along the bikini top, it would make it stand out more.

Other than that, you guys did an amazing job. My favs are the scarf and the boots. :D

{Cortana said:
If I might add a few critiques:

Next time, she should invest in a wig. It would cut styling time in half, and you can get volume out of a wig that you just can't get with real hair. That, and bleach is bad for your hair.

The blades look a bit small, about half the size they should be. Maybe upgrade them?

She needs a really bright orange trim along the bikini top, it would make it stand out more.

Other than that, you guys did an amazing job. My favs are the scarf and the boots. :D

Thanks for the critique :) I finally made it back from A*Con safely.

We'll definitely be doing an upgrade to the blades, however, I'll probably keep them the same size. We were going for a more "realistic" Rikku and those daggers in their real size are no longer daggers, they are a sword at that size hehe.

The orange trim is a great catch, we missed that. I'll make sure to note that in addition to getting the correct earings (they were a last minute "oh crap! we forgot something" purchase :D

We'll probably pass on the wig though, she's a natural dirty blonde and trying to go for the realistic/grungy Rikku. As any blonde knows, no blonde has that thick of hair... EVER ^^.

We had a blast, glad you guys liked it. She's decided to take on Samus Aran as her next cosplay. I'll keep you updated on that progress. Master Chief dating Samus Aran, should be fun :).

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty nice job! just a few more critiques (i am a cosplay judge after all... :D )
A lighter material for the arm bands, that has a folded grain going down the arm.
the colour of the skirt isn't quite right, it should be more of a army green. (but that could just be the light)
but all round very nice job!

kensai111 said:
Thanks for the critique :) I finally made it back from A*Con safely.

We'll definitely be doing an upgrade to the blades, however, I'll probably keep them the same size. We were going for a more "realistic" Rikku and those daggers in their real size are no longer daggers, they are a sword at that size hehe.

The orange trim is a great catch, we missed that. I'll make sure to note that in addition to getting the correct earings (they were a last minute "oh crap! we forgot something" purchase :D

We'll probably pass on the wig though, she's a natural dirty blonde and trying to go for the realistic/grungy Rikku. As any blonde knows, no blonde has that thick of hair... EVER ^^.

We had a blast, glad you guys liked it. She's decided to take on Samus Aran as her next cosplay. I'll keep you updated on that progress. Master Chief dating Samus Aran, should be fun :).

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Cheers,
Kensai
Awesome! Glad you guys had a good time.

Ah, ok. I like that, going for the more realistic look of things, I like that in a cosplayer. ;)

Yeah, that's usually the first thing I always notice, just 'cause it stands out so much. I've had those last minute things, rushing to the store only to forget something else.

Haha, I know that dilema all too well, hence the fact I started using wigs for my cosplays, there's just never enough.

OMG, I'm so looking forward to Samus! Are you guys doing the Z suit or the Varia suit?

Hehe, that reminds me of this pic...

1281760.jpg

{Cortana said:
Awesome! Glad you guys had a good time.

Ah, ok. I like that, going for the more realistic look of things, I like that in a cosplayer. ;)

Yeah, that's usually the first thing I always notice, just 'cause it stands out so much. I've had those last minute things, rushing to the store only to forget something else.

Haha, I know that dilema all too well, hence the fact I started using wigs for my cosplays, there's just never enough.

OMG, I'm so looking forward to Samus! Are you guys doing the Z suit or the Varia suit?

Hehe, that reminds me of this pic...

1281760.jpg

lol awesome photo and yes, we'll actually be following pixelninja's (the girl in the picture) build. We're suckers for building realistic cosplays. I love all the cuts and bloodsplatter on her. We thought about adding robot grease and a few cuts on Rikku but it was a last minute idea we didn't want to rush. I can't wait to see your next cosplay Grace! Thanks for all the tips and whatnot!

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
lol awesome photo and yes, we'll actually be following pixelninja's (the girl in the picture) build. We're suckers for building realistic cosplays. I love all the cuts and bloodsplatter on her. We thought about adding robot grease and a few cuts on Rikku but it was a last minute idea we didn't want to rush. I can't wait to see your next cosplay Grace! Thanks for all the tips and whatnot!

Cheers,
Kensai

It's funny, I'm also planning on making my Samus armor the exact same way, so I guess you could say I'm going to cosplay as pixelninja cosplaying as Samus. ;) I'm also a huge sucker for making realistic cosplays, I make my cosplays like they would be made for a movie. It just makes them that much more believable. ;)

Hey, it's no problem, I enjoy helping fellow cosplayers out. And thank you for the encouragement, it keeps my morale up.

I had the pleasure of shooting the outdoor photoshoot for this cosplay and it was a lot of fun. I hadn't been behind a camera in a while, and it had been even longer since I had done a photoshoot with a person as the subject. The costume was great, a joy to shoot from almost any angle. The daggers are about perfectly sized, to my eye. Any larger and it would look a bit awkward. We had enough trouble getting them in some of the close up shots. I'm hoping to have a new digital SLR camera by Dragon Con to do some more photography there.

I just have to say...I saw this costume in person and it looked phenomenal! :)

She did such a great job ^^ I should have beat up that Yuna that was there...Rikku was waaaay better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back