My Gow Lancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid Squires

Jr Member
Just posting some almost (finially) finished Gears of War lancers, its mostly based of GOW 2 I however made a few changes to it, its kind of a mash up of the first and second one. Its also HUGE. I scaled Up A Marcus Finish Action Figure making the gun roughly 3 Feet total. Still need to make a few more parts for it, the chainsaw handle, saftey switch and I'm debating on the part that fold under the magazine which seems to serve no purpose. The scope is loose and is molded seperatly in crystal clear so you can get a lightup effect if you want to wire it.

100_0001.jpg

the scope

100_0002.jpg

astrocreep_22re said:
This is fantastic! You did a great job. Can't wait to see it after you paint it.

This one wont be painted, Once the last few details are done I'll be molding it and running some in either smooth cast or onyx, not sure which yet. It'll be mostly dry brushed metal finishing Silver, chrome, and pewter. Oh and I've mixed my own custom locust blood color....well, its actually a fake blood that congeals so it stay thick and gross like deep organ blood even after it dries but can still be run through my airbrush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squid_Squires said:
This one wont be painted, Once the last few details are done I'll be molding it and running some in either smooth cast or onyx, not sure which yet. It'll be mostly dry brushed metal finishing Silver, chrome, and pewter. Oh and I've mixed my own custom locust blood color....well, its actually a fake blood that congeals so it stay thick and gross like deep organ blood even after it dries but can still be run through my airbrush.

Ahh I see. Was going to ask if you were going to mold and cast it. Anyway I can't wait to see the final product the paint scheme sounds great especially with the locust blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks awesome! nice job and cant wait to see your work with the painting you described! simply put... WOW

Very nice rifle my friend!

I'm debating on the part that fold under the magazine which seems to serve no purpose.

It holds the magazine in the rifle. Once you you off the last round, it simply falls out of the gun.

-Pony

this is absolutely awesome!!!! what did you use to make it? if you used pepakura, could you give us a link to the files? :D

dude if you do a run of these, with the paint and the light up scope, count me in!!!! btw... how heavy is it? you said its pretty long, just curious about weight

Being in the noob forum, I thought this was going to be some crappy Pepakura project. I was proven wrong. Very, very wrong.

That thing is amazing! A work of art at the least.

OK, Its made out of cardboard, old store signs (plastic sheets) wooden dowels, carved insulation foam, nuts and bolds, a ton of super glue, some parts are sculpted and cast in smooth cast (teeth), foam core board and a magnifying glass lens. Oh and a Sulfur free clay. Thanks for the info on the magazine thing, which I still dunno if I want to finish, mostly out of laziness. they will be made in both Fiberglass and plastic depending on my mood. I'd say once its cast it may be between 10 and 20 pounds, depending on the material and how durable I want it. I don't use pepakura often, I try to avoid it, no offense to anyone who does use it, but I much prefer to either sculpt or fabricate from scratch. Aside from making Marcus armor I'm also working on a Battle Rifle when the mood strikes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back