My H3 Marine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally finished pepping the halo 3 marine armor and im ready to fiberglass. i was wondering if i should resin the outside first or fiberglass the inside first.

ya always resin the out side, you also might wanna make some thing to support it while doing this or it might warp

rvb18 said:
ya always resin the out side, you also might wanna make some thing to support it while doing this or it might warp

yeah, those are old pics, i have the supports done now.

Last edited by a moderator:
xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
Resin the outside first, this strengthens the structure to prepare it for the fibreglass! You can then take out the struts so that you can reach the inside to fibreglass.

Here's the resin & fibreglass sticky that might come in handy:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2234

Wow, thanks for all of the help everybody! ill send pics after i fiberglass it, the weather has been taunting me lately. thanks again for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
crackheads method was just for fiberglass he still resins the outside first for support. its actually not that important for helmets but with bigger peices that youve taken more time on it's really a life saver

but I have come to the conclusion: glassing the inside first, then resining the outside does NOT warp any of my pieces, I proved that by resining the outside of one of my shoulder pieces first, it warped like crazy. had to make another. so I am solid on my accuzations.

ps

watch his vid on Glassing and resin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back