My Hayabusa Armour [wip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Hey everybody,

This is my first time trying anything like this before. After being introduced to the 405th by a friend, (Who is making the MK VI MC armour) I decided to give it a go.. And for for first project I'm jumping in at the deep end making the Hayabusa armour. I've spend about three days on it so far..

3132828037_53b6bdacb6_b.jpg

3132826285_40ca2e66f2_b.jpg

3133642064_68ed8f07c2_b.jpg

3133651538_bbd3ffbdeb_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ierev/sets/72157611529339391/ [All pictures available here]

These pictures were taken with my phone, so they may not be the best quality

What do you think?

You are doing an awsome job and what's better is that you are also using your brain and not making any of the unnecessary folds. I am sure it will look awsome when it goes to paint.

Which pep model are you using, Agabates, or some other?

I'm using Ral Partha's unfold of agbates' Pep file. I am really looking forward to finishing it, at this rate, I should have it finished in a few days. That's the great thing about Christmas holidays, loads of time to myself ;)

spartanx360: I had the show textures thing enable in Pepakura and forgot to change it when I went to print it.
Also, selecting Print Lines Smoothly doesn't work too well on a laser printer :D

Finished pepping the helmet last night about 2.30am.. Here's a few pics of the finished product

3137632131_015838a986_b.jpg

3138460220_d31941b661_b.jpg

3138463002_fa478174f3_b.jpg

holy crap ! nice job man. the final product, if it looks as nice as this helmet is going to look totally kick ass :D. can't wait to see it =D

That's looking bada$$!

How did you manage to co-ordinate the gray and white paper on the build? Did you print out the colour or just know which colour paper to slot in the printer and when?

@AussieTrooper, I had left the option for showing textured faces left on when I printed it, so it ended up printing them out in gray.

I'm gonna start pepping the torso tomorrow, and see how that goes. Hopefuly, it will go as smoothly as the helmet :D

I'm not a huge fan of the hayabusa, but I really like that model, it looks very cleanly done, Your doing a great job, Keep us posted and keep up the amazing work!

I'm likin' your drink of choice in the background. I would drink it all the time, but they don't sell Lucozade here in the States... :'(

Helmet critiques:
I see a tiny bit of warpage from the center of the eyes up to the horn, nothing to bad that can't be fixed, either in the 'glass stage or the Bondo stage. It's looking pretty good!

First off, Happy New Year!

I didn't get to work on the torso until today, life always has a way of interfering :shakesfist:

Anyway, just a quick update on what I've managed to get done... I was starting to get annoyed at it so I said I'd better stop

3157207229_86c1ab6cd3_b.jpg

「Edit」
Wow, Flying Squirl: You really made an awesome job of the torso model ^-^ I just hope I can do it justice ;)

Anyway, just a quick update for everyone watching... I've just finished the back of the torso, should be finished the rest by the morning. :crosses fingers:

Here's a quick picture of the back.
3167984193_689e1a4309_b.jpg

As always sorry about the picture quality, but its just too much trouble getting the EOS out of the car ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back