my helmet and ar

Status
Not open for further replies.
battle rifle

heres my battle rifle that i was working on till i seen the AR then started making that
battlerifle.jpg

battlerifle1.jpg

battlerifle2.jpg

Link do you use motorcycle visors on your helmets? Do you ever need to trim or cut your visors, and if you do cut them does it damage the reflective surface?

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I thought I'd share what I know too..

Our first helmet used a Particle shield visor (kinda' like a riot face shield, but a LOT flimsier) that we tinted to the gold/orange color. On the first try, we inserted the visor from within the helmet.
It didn't look right, so I cut it down to re-apply it from the outside. Unfortunately, I used my Dremel and it's circular saw spinning blade attachment, very slowly and carefully.

The action of cutting the visor started to melt it because of the heat generated. Since the tint was on the inside surface of the plastic, you could see the plastic changing colors, seperating and crap where it kinda' burned it.

Later, I had better luck with a jigsaw, and no tinting. The key was to move fast and keep going. Then when I tinted it afterwards, there was no noticeable burns in the plastic.

We abandoned that design later and pull (vacuumform) our own visors now. Since we went with the "Globular" glass instead of the flat curved glass, we were unable to roll tint it though.

ReheatedHeroics said:
Link do you use motorcycle visors on your helmets? Do you ever need to trim or cut your visors, and if you do cut them does it damage the reflective surface?

yes i do use mototcycle visors on my helmets i do trim them it doesnt damage the reflective, the part i cut is hinden in the helmet...i use a dremel tool with tape on the visor so i can follow the line and just incase the dremel gets crazy i wont damage the visor itself or you can use a knife/blade and score it deep enough where its bends off. dont do it to early or it will break/creak off into the visor
hope that helps out

Last edited by a moderator:
ar

the ar in those pics or the ar from halo? the one in the top pics i work with those and repair them for T23D, the one from halo i drew up in coreldarw and had it laser cut, then i put it together like a puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back