My latest project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnz777

So, while my internet was down at my house, I took some time and reference from Halo 3 to come up with this. I built this out of true boredom and because I thought it was simpler than most other helmets. I don't even like this helmet. But since I built it, I'm starting to become fond of it... Yeah, I said it.

So, here it is, the Hayabusa helmet.

hayabusa1ps2.png

hayabusa2yn2.png

I'm open for crits. I'm aware of the big spike on top being of the wrong shape. It should protrude out more at the base than it is now. I've also noted that one side of the 'visor' is larger than the other.

I loooooovve cardboard.

blinkava44 said:
wow, this looks amazing

you planning to fiberglass and all that?
Well... no. I don't have the money/materials/experience to do any fiberglass work. I'm only 12 and I can't work with this stuff myself. My parents don't have time to help me with this stuff so I'm basically on my own when it comes to armor working. Well, me and my glue gun. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunnz777 said:
Well... no. I don't have the money/materials/experience to do any fiberglass work. I'm only 12 and I can't work with this stuff myself. My parents don't have time to help me with this stuff so I'm basically on my own when it comes to armor working. Well, me and my glue gun. :)

aw man, that sucks real bad.

but it still looks amazing,

keep it up

Gunnz777 said:
I've also noted that one side of the 'visor' is larger than the other.
Yeah, it looks kinda cool though, like he's raising an eyebrow at something I did.

Gunnz777 said:
I loooooovve cardboard.
As do I, as do I.

dude can u make a tut for this since that looks awesome also some fiber glass cost like 10 dollars so its not expensive

ojrtega said:
dude can u make a tut for this since that looks awesome also some fiber glass cost like 10 dollars so its not expensive
Read my other post.

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
If your keen on hot glue.. You could get a paddle pop stick and coat the whole thing in hot glue? :)
Possibly, but either melting it in bulk and pouring it on would dry too fast for me to work or it would take too long with just a glue gun. I might look around for some alternatives...

its a perfect chance for someone to try out the spray on resin. it comes in spray paint cans, and you could do that since your parents wont let you use fiberglass.

Gunnz777 said:
Possibly, but either melting it in bulk and pouring it on would dry too fast for me to work or it would take too long with just a glue gun. I might look around for some alternatives...

What about paper mache?

optimusaint said:
its a perfect chance for someone to try out the spray on resin. it comes in spray paint cans, and you could do that since your parents wont let you use fiberglass.
I forgot about that.... Maybe I'll help the 405th for once! I'll go look for some and tell you guys how it works. :D

Gunnz777 said:
Read my other post.
ur point being what? didnt understand what u meant by check ohter post cause i did and no clue what u mean

Gunnz777 said:
I'm only 12 and I can't work with this stuff myself. My parents don't have time to help me with this stuff so I'm basically on my own when it comes to armor working.

instead of fiber glassing it, you could buy some bullseye ???????, or water based varnish. just make sure to use a few coats of varnish or the bullseye stuff (i can't remember what its called. i'll post it when i remeber.IT'S ON THE TIP OF MY TOUNGUE AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! *cough* i'm ok) then mache it. it works really good. GREAT JOB ON THE HAYABUSA HELM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just use 2 part water and 1 part flour. doesn't really matter what kind of flour. just don't not harden the cardboard, or else just mache it really really slowly on the inside. or else you get a huge warped mess. look for my upcoming post on alternatives to fiberglass (still "researching". nobody steal my idea please?????)

EDIT: I REMEBERED!!!!!!!!!! its called bullseye shellac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back