My M6g Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing I thought of when I saw the working action...the plastic gun from In the Line of Fire. Really awesome work. Would be cool to see it chambered to fire a standard round, just to say its a WORKING M6G replica. Of course, explaining that to the cops would be even more fun, but the idea of having that in my gun collection would make it worth it, it looks so good.

Knox. said:
It looks so...... so good, but can I Just Ask are you going to kit set them?

that is supposed to be in progress.

Geijin said:
First thing I thought of when I saw the working action...the plastic gun from In the Line of Fire. Really awesome work. Would be cool to see it chambered to fire a standard round, just to say its a WORKING M6G replica. Of course, explaining that to the cops would be even more fun, but the idea of having that in my gun collection would make it worth it, it looks so good.

A round actually fits in the chamber!

I'll see about taking a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
GASP! Really? That's waaay kewl! :eek:

I know you'd milled some rounds to go with it (I think you posted a pic of one somewhere earlier in this thread), but I didn't know if they'd actually fit in the chamber. Your wood-working skills never cease to amaze, buddy :D

Here is a pic of a round chambered.
IMG_2328.jpg

...your work never fails to leave me speachless.
i cannot believe you got that ammount of detail with freaking wood!

EDIT: actuialy, why isnt this guy an elite yet?

flying_squirl said:
...your work never fails to leave me speachless.
i cannot believe you got that ammount of detail with freaking wood!

EDIT: actuialy, why isnt this guy an elite yet?

Good question, lol. Like others here, I too am of the opinion he should be made an Elite, given the awesome quality of his work over a relatively short period of time.

But, as Lee mentioned in a recent post in his H3 SR thread, he's more than happy to start out in the "Creation Discussion" forum, posting his projects as any regular member would.

If enough people think it's good enough to be considered Elite material (and I think enough here already do), great, if not he'll still enjoy being able to do this.

Ultimately, it's not up to us that he be given Elite status. That final decision rests with the Admin/Mod group.

No doubt some from that group have been following his projects, and if they think his work is up to par (I don't see how they couldn't, lol) they'll make him Elite.

If not, that's not going to change his enjoyment of what he does, and sharing his efforts with us (for which I am extremely grateful he does). It's a real treat, and an honour, to be able to see the always-impressive fruits of his labour.

It chambers a round? Thats incredible. That is about the best looking prop I've seen here, and pretty close the best looking ANYTHING I've seen scratch-built. You should be working in special effects or something, making movie props.

edit: fixed some added characters my nephew punched on the keyboard.

What type of wood are you using? I went through, but being the moron I am probably just skimmed over it. Anyways, great job, looking forwards to seeing more work of yours.

Raine342 said:
What type of wood are you using? I went through, but being the moron I am probably just skimmed over it. Anyways, great job, looking forwards to seeing more work of yours.

Poplar is the wood I like to use, and I think it is mentioned in the thread with a little more detail on the sizes.

Thanks

LeeKegan said:
Poplar is the wood I like to use, and I think it is mentioned in the thread with a little more detail on the sizes.

Thanks

No, thank you. Getting the matirials that I need is really going to help me out on my smg that I'm going for. Using plywood right now, and it doesn't seem to bad.

Raine342 said:
No, thank you. Getting the matirials that I need is really going to help me out on my smg that I'm going for. Using plywood right now, and it doesn't seem to bad.

Plywood is good for the main body, but when it comes to the details you may want to use the poplar. Can't wait to see your project.

LeeKegan said:
Plywood is good for the main body, but when it comes to the details you may want to use the poplar. Can't wait to see your project.
At the rate I'm going, it probably won't be until december. Grades are going too good, and I've got eight dollars.

Shade said:
How much would it cost for you to make a second one? ;)

A second WHAT? If your talking about M6G, I have built 5 out of wood and Ithica and Privateer are getting ready to mold #5.

LeeKegan said:
If your talking about M6G, I have built 5 out of wood and Ithica and Privateer are getting ready to mold #5.
Whoa, well I meant a new wooden M6G, been wanting one made by you for a LONG time! I just might have enough now! :D Sorry I wasn't clear about that. :cautious:

Shade said:
Whoa, well I meant a new wooden M6G, been wanting one made by you for a LONG time! I just might have enough now! :D Sorry I wasn't clear about that. :cautious:

Thats fine, I just get more than a few request for certain projects and I have a hard time keeping them all straight.. :confused:

Let me know when your ready! :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back