My M6g Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeKegan

I need to give credit to Wizardofflight for his blueprints for without them I couldn't build my weapons!

Well while I'm waiting on the electronics for my BR55 I thought I would make M6G for a friend of mine. let me know what you think?

one side of the blank with the guts built, barrel and spring located.
[attachment=7597:IMG_1930.JPG]
[attachment=7598:IMG_1931.JPG]

2nd blank attached.
[attachment=7599:IMG_1932.JPG]

The slide cut away from the rest of the weapon.
[attachment=7601:IMG_1938.JPG]
[attachment=7602:IMG_1940.JPG]

This is about 4 hours of work give or take an hour.

noobcrusha said:
Looks nice so far. Is it going to be an airsoft gun?

No, the spring is just so when the action is pulled back and let go it will fly closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
LeeKegan said:
Well while I'm waiting on the electronics for my BR55 I thought I would make M6G for a friend of mine. let me know what you think?

Hey if you make me one of those you can call me friend.:lol:
Nice work, you are a true craftsman. What do you use to seal the wood? Are you able to get it smooth enough and sealed so you cant see the grain? Just wondering for painting / molding purposes.

Nice work, you are a true craftsman. What do you use to seal the wood? Are you able to get it smooth enough and sealed so you cant see the grain? Just wondering for painting / molding purposes.
[/quote]

Trade! LOL
Thank you for your appreciation of my work (PLAY).

I'm not a painter! I have sent 1 M6G out to my best friend in Colorado and he is doing the detail work of the painting. Thats who I'm making this M6G for.

He explained to me that he steeled wooled the wood then applied 50% laquer and a thining agent. He was putting 2 coats on to seal the wood and then the grain won't show. From there he said he would be able to paint. when I get it back I will post pictures of what it looks like.

I have some updates on this M6G:

Slide installed.
[attachment=7616:IMG_1945.JPG]
[attachment=7617:IMG_1947.JPG]
Stick holding the slide open.
[attachment=7618:IMG_1946.JPG]

LeeKegan said:
Trade! LOL
Thank you for your appreciation of my work (PLAY).

I'm not a painter! I have sent 1 M6G out to my best friend in Colorado and he is doing the detail work of the painting. Thats who I'm making this M6G for.

He explained to me that he steeled wooled the wood then applied 50% laquer and a thining agent. He was putting 2 coats on to seal the wood and then the grain won't show. From there he said he would be able to paint. when I get it back I will post pictures of what it looks like.

I have some updates on this M6G:

Slide installed.

It's beautiful! But shouldn't the barrel extend to where it covers the whole space left open by the slide? like, you shouldn't see the end of the barrel when the slide is open... idk.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
It's beautiful! But shouldn't the barrel extend to where it covers the whole space left open by the slide? like, you shouldn't see the end of the barrel when the slide is open... idk.

No, it has to open far enough to eject the spent carttrige then as it would move back forward it would pick up the next bullit from the clip. Hope that explains it.

Frame for the grip.
[attachment=7629:IMG_1949.JPG]
[attachment=7630:IMG_1951.JPG]
Grip nearly done, you can see where the trigger goes.
[attachment=7632:IMG_1955.JPG]

box o crayons said:
thats amazing cant wait to see it finished nice job

Thanks, hope to have most of it done in 3 days.

Finishing up the grip.
[attachment=7633:IMG_1959.JPG]

All the parts so far. Plus a few wood bullits and wood spent case.
[attachment=7634:IMG_1958.JPG]

damn, that is gonna look pretty sweet when it's done. lol a fully functioning harmless pistol. Explain that to the police :p

pooper said:
Amazing work! You sir, are no noob... How long have you've been working with wood?

I've been working with wood in one way or another for 22 years.

Here are some updates:
The hand gaurd, Barrel Flash suppresser, Detail work on the bolt pull.
[attachment=7646:IMG_1965.JPG]
[attachment=7649:IMG_1968.JPG]

I got the laser for the magnum today. I will remove the switch and run wires so when you pull the trigger it will come on.
[attachment=7650:IMG_1970.JPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back