My M90 Shotgun W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking really good! i do not know what to make first can anyone tell me a simple weapon to work on because this is my second time trying this :D

Akademee said:
I have now started the iconic pump of the shotgun, I have spent the last few days looking for a tube with an inner diameter of 1 inch to fit around the barrels, and surprisingly, that was extremely difficult. So I broke out a spade bit and drilled out some more foam core for Pump Ribs and I'm taking it from there. I'm going to reinforce the inside with bond and resin.

Right now, it is missing a side so y'all can see inside it.

On the gun:

[ATTACH=full]72559[/ATTACH]

[/quote]

That's some [i]stellar[/i] work you're doing on that Shotty, dude! It's coming along very well so far, and I like your choice of materials. Don't really see many people try to tackle this one for a build. Good on you. Looking forward to the next update :cool

Attachments

• pump002.jpg
    pump002.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that looks awesome! Are you going to put any metal or heavy plastic at the front of the receiver (where the slide hits back) for a nice racheting sound?

Cheers

Looking very good! I've been trying to figure out that pump part for months now. Interested to see how you do it!

The pump is now built and it slides like a dream! After this, begins the arduous bondo-ing process!

Here is the foam core pump:

pump1001.jpg

Here is the pump mounted on the shotgun:

pump1002.jpg

pump1003.jpg

If you haven't noticed by now, I really like taking pictures and I like to post them in 3s if I can...

Wow way to showcase that hidden talent dude! Thatis totally ridiculous! First shotty on the 405th and probably the best we will see in a looooooong time. Thats amazing what u can do with foamcore. Its not used much on the forums and its nice to see it being put to good use.

I am absolutely blown away by all the positive reactions to this project, thank you all who have responded! This really gives me the confidence to continue my work in this area. However I don't think I am good enough to be selling casts of these kinds of things just yet. :p

Thank you 405th!

::pick up jaw:: wow im blown away, this is emaculant! This should be in elite section, definatly not a noob job. This is amazing keep it up man. Wow lol

Harris007 said:
this needs to be moved from the noob forum. definately not a noob project.

If the moderators see it fit, maybe it will someday. This is a pretty good track record for my first 405th weapon project! Thanks everyone!

Really good progress, but I honestly think this wouldn't be that hard. If I had the supplies I would definitely start one of my own.

Can't wait to see this finished.

Well I would say you are definitly good enough to start making casts out of it, I also agree with everyone else who says that this should be in the elite section. Great job so far man! :)

Akademee said:
The pump is now built and it slides like a dream! After this, begins the arduous bondo-ing process!

Here is the foam core pump:

pump1001.jpg

Here is the pump mounted on the shotgun:

pump1002.jpg

pump1003.jpg

If you haven't noticed by now, I really like taking pictures and I like to post them in 3s if I can...

Remember kids shotguns are essential equipment for zombie outbreaks!

I've been fiberglassing my armor for some time now (will post that soon), but I did manage to get a little bondo and rough sanding done on nearly all of the exposed foam. It turns out that bondo leaves foam unscathed. Its almost time for painting and details!

pump11002.jpg

pump11001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back