My Mark Vi Armor Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skull86

Hey guys here is my redone Mark VI helmet. It is FS latest model.

Front
Brim Detail
Side View

It currently has Bondo on it that needs to be sanded down. It has a layer of resin on the outside with 2 layers on the inside and a layer of cloth. I will add armor pics soon.

Skull86 said:
Its my crapping photo taking skills combined with the flash that makes it look lopsided.

it looks great for a start :p keep it up did you fiberglass the outside? I made that mistake of glassing the outside or did you do it on purpose ? any who looks good its going to need lots of bondo and sanding go get some nice 120 grit sand paper at home depot good luck hope to see it finished :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HALOFAN111 said:
it looks great for a start :p keep it up did you fiberglass the outside? I made that mistake of glassing the outside or did you do it on purpose ? any who looks good its going to need lots of bondo and sanding go get some nice 120 grit sand paper at home depot good luck hope to see it finished :)

Its only resin on the outside. But some fiberglass strains got stuck on the resin due to them being on my gloves during the fiberglassing.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Did the resin warp the helmet? Or was it like this before the resining stage?

Those warps were caused by the resin. I'm planing to fix them with Bondo.

It's a good start so far. Hopefully you get the desired filling of the warpage with bondo. You might want to try Rondo instead though. It really is a life saver.... well, armor and prop makin saver at least :]

Ok guys here's the armor photos. As for the Mark Vi i'm going to restart it because it warped everywhere during the bondoing.

Torso(Crackheads Better Fitting One):Pic 1 Pic 2

Arms & Bicep:Pic 1

I also have a thigh and shin made but no pics for those yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back