My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou! and yeah there arent to many of us sadly.

Oh, we exist. ;) I'll be posting my own Mark VI build soon, or the starts of it. Hilarity to ensue! Your pep work is amazing; mine's all sloppy and bad-looking. May I ask which colour you're thinking of going with? Classic Chief or custom paint job?

Everyone loves the painting part...

Oh, we exist. ;) I'll be posting my own Mark VI build soon, or the starts of it. Hilarity to ensue! Your pep work is amazing; mine's all sloppy and bad-looking. May I ask which colour you're thinking of going with? Classic Chief or custom paint job?

Everyone loves the painting part...

Ill totally check out your build and make sure to follow it! Dont forget to post lots of pics in your thread though, we all love pics. xD And thanks, but my pep work isnt THAT good, there are some sloppy HD parts where I just go "F*** it" and start gluing a bunch of stuff together in the same general area, but I'm sure itll work out in the end.
As far as paint job goes I will be doing it custom. I'm inbetween colors atm, and I've been thinking of either a...
>classic worn-in red with some white on the helmet and shoulder (sarge from red vs blue perhaps?
> grey with white or yellow on shoulder/helm (washington from Red vs blue)
>worn in dark greyish-black (Tex from Red vs blue)
>yellow (sister from red vs blue)

I cant wait to paint since I do a lot of art, but I know im far off from it. Itll be totally rewarding though when I get to it.

And thanks for checking out my thread :)

Also, heres a quick sketch I did of my red idea, its the one im most into at the moment:
*this is also the armor I have pepped so far.
Picture21.png

OK ! I know that im super far away from painting but I got real excited and wanted to quickly sketch out the paint jobs i was considering, *note that most of these are RvB references.
Also! I wont have any pics of new pepped stuff until tomorrow because I was busy today and wasnt able to print out the boots to pep.

halospartancolors.jpg

Ill totally check out your build and make sure to follow it! Dont forget to post lots of pics in your thread though, we all love pics. xD And thanks, but my pep work isnt THAT good, there are some sloppy HD parts where I just go "F*** it" and start gluing a bunch of stuff together in the same general area, but I'm sure itll work out in the end.
As far as paint job goes I will be doing it custom. I'm inbetween colors atm, and I've been thinking of either a...
>classic worn-in red with some white on the helmet and shoulder (sarge from red vs blue perhaps?
> grey with white or yellow on shoulder/helm (washington from Red vs blue)
>worn in dark greyish-black (Tex from Red vs blue)
>yellow (sister from red vs blue)

I cant wait to paint since I do a lot of art, but I know im far off from it. Itll be totally rewarding though when I get to it.

And thanks for checking out my thread :)

Haha, awesome! And how coincidental, I'm making two sets of armour, one black/grey and the other orange/yellow. Me: Tex from Red vs Blue and boyfriend (bum who gets a free costume and does no work!) is premiering as Grif. I like the red colour scheme idea, but not just because Sarge is the best Red ever. I'm in the middle of an HD shoulder piece right now. Many pictures will come when I feel I have enough pieces to show off and the burns on my fingers heal. :p Can't wait to see more of your build!

Back to work...x_x

Haha, awesome! And how coincidental, I'm making two sets of armour, one black/grey and the other orange/yellow. Me: Tex from Red vs Blue and boyfriend (bum who gets a free costume and does no work!) is premiering as Grif. I like the red colour scheme idea, but not just because Sarge is the best Red ever. I'm in the middle of an HD shoulder piece right now. Many pictures will come when I feel I have enough pieces to show off and the burns on my fingers heal. :p Can't wait to see more of your build!

Back to work...x_x

haha nice. Post pics on how the Tex and grif suits are turning out. I feel like black is one of those hard colors (along with white) to do just cause you cant define the black parts that your normally use paint to show with another color. So im really curious to see how other people approach using it. I like the red to, but sarge isnt one of my favorite characters even though hes really funny. Wash/Tex are both pretty BA though so perhaps I'll do their color scheme..or sister's xD

PS. I'm curious, how much of the 2 suits do you have done?

i like the paint scheme you are thinking of the all red with the white stripes and that is a pretty good quick sketch of the spartans =D

Pep's looking good. The paint concept also looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the next part.

i like the paint scheme you are thinking of the all red with the white stripes and that is a pretty good quick sketch of the spartans =D

Thanks, I really want the finished product to be 2 toned with stripes somewhere lol.

Pep's looking good. The paint concept also looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the next part.

Thankyou, Ill be working on new pieces later today

haha nice. Post pics on how the Tex and grif suits are turning out. I feel like black is one of those hard colors (along with white) to do just cause you cant define the black parts that your normally use paint to show with another color. So im really curious to see how other people approach using it. I like the red to, but sarge isnt one of my favorite characters even though hes really funny. Wash/Tex are both pretty BA though so perhaps I'll do their color scheme..or sister's xD

PS. I'm curious, how much of the 2 suits do you have done?
I didn't think of black being hard to define, but you're right. When paint time comes, I'll use a really dark grey instead. Black will make the details harder to see, but I've got a long time to figure it out. And oh, Sister...I found her so annoying, despite funny. Her armour's just too bright for me.

As for my progress, most of which I'll include in my WIP thread. In summary, I'm working on one suit at a time, starting with Tex. Two forearms pepped, and I have ALL of my chest pieces ready and folded. Just 5 minutes ago, I realized that it's going to be too small (after assembling the back). Same goes for the shoulder piece I started (almost finished)

....so really, just the two forearms and some horribly sized half-pepped other pieces. I have to start again with the others.

I didn't think of black being hard to define, but you're right. When paint time comes, I'll use a really dark grey instead. Black will make the details harder to see, but I've got a long time to figure it out. And oh, Sister...I found her so annoying, despite funny. Her armour's just too bright for me.

As for my progress, most of which I'll include in my WIP thread. In summary, I'm working on one suit at a time, starting with Tex. Two forearms pepped, and I have ALL of my chest pieces ready and folded. Just 5 minutes ago, I realized that it's going to be too small (after assembling the back). Same goes for the shoulder piece I started (almost finished)

....so really, just the two forearms and some horribly sized half-pepped other pieces. I have to start again with the others.

Rescaling suuucks. I had to rescale my chest piece as well when the first one was to big. But my second one is still kinda big, however I cut the sides and am making it a little bit tighter there. Unfortunately the front is still really wide and quite long. Probably wont repep unless its a huge problem later on because the chest piece has got to be the most annoying piece ever lol :D

Go for Washington's armour, the silver with yellow highlights... you know it makes sense :D

And also, I can't help but notice you're wearing a
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips. shirt. I think I love you. lol :L

Go for Washington's armour, the silver with yellow highlights... you know it makes sense :D

And also, I can't help but notice you're wearing a
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips &
Bacon Strips. shirt. I think I love you. lol :L

haha yees wash's armor is sick. I only worry that with grey armor, silver "exposed" metal accents wont show. Thats the problem with painting your armor white, grey, or black; It takes away from the weathering (and i love weathering stuff.)

And YES! That is my epicmealtime shirt that I love oh so much, thankyou for noticing. SMART.

Yeah.. I also sucks that you live so far away.. You seem like you have some great ideas!! I am a guy by the way.. Sorry if I made it seem different..

Lol yeah cant wait for painting, but I dont want to be like...counting my eggs before they hatch and stuff. (AKA I really hope I can even get to the painting stage before losing interest in the project >_<) And its okay haha.

Everything is still looking good since I last looked.

Do what I do. I take the bad stuff and make it rue the day it thought it could ruin my armor.

For instance, last weekend I resined 4 pieces and it started raining against forecasts. So, I've spent all week telling myself "I learned alot with those four pieces. Got my hardener amounts squared and learned I could do it. This weekend is about to take a beating. I'm gonna resin so many pieces the weekend craps its own pants."

I know...I am insane.

Everything is still looking good since I last looked.

Do what I do. I take the bad stuff and make it rue the day it thought it could ruin my armor.

For instance, last weekend I resined 4 pieces and it started raining against forecasts. So, I've spent all week telling myself "I learned alot with those four pieces. Got my hardener amounts squared and learned I could do it. This weekend is about to take a beating. I'm gonna resin so many pieces the weekend craps its own pants."

I know...I am insane.

aw yeah, taking armor making to a whole new level xD

Lol yeah cant wait for painting, but I dont want to be like...counting my eggs before they hatch and stuff. (AKA I really hope I can even get to the painting stage before losing interest in the project >_<) And its okay haha.

Trust me, If you have made it this far, I doubt that you will lose interest in the project. If you find yourself not feeling motivated just scan the forum and look at some completed suits, and I GUARANTEE that you will be motivated to start working again…or at least that is what I do LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back