My MarkVI Update! Completed! Pics abound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikarian

Jr Member
Got finished pepakuring with Slyfo's model (THANKS, I LOVE YOU). So far I've got 2 coats of outer resin...tomorrow will be my fiberglass on the inside day. I just wanted to test fit the visor and see how it looked.

Fits FANTASTICALLY.

helmet5.jpg

helmet7.jpg

helmet8.jpg

helmet9.jpg

oh hi

helmet1.jpg

At first I was really upset at how hard all of the details were. It takes me 4 hours to cut out and piece together the Halo 2 helmet from the Pepa FAQ, this one took me almost 2 1/2 days, probably 8 hours plus just to assemble.

But yeah, tomorrow will be my fiberglass day since I'm off work and can do it all day. Hopefully saturday I'll bondo (if I need to, I'm digging the angular look honestly, I may just leave it like it is). Sunday or Monday painting shall begin.

great job man!!! im gunna make one but i need card stock lol. the staples in town ran out so ill get some this weekend from wal mart. but great helmet man!!! hope to see you make a full suit cuz you look like a great folder.

Durlaburban said:
great job man!!! im gunna make one but i need card stock lol. the staples in town ran out so ill get some this weekend from wal mart. but great helmet man!!! hope to see you make a full suit cuz you look like a great folder.

Yeah I definitally plan on doing the full suit. I wanted to get the procedures in place first, since this is the first time I've ever even done papercraft.

And I got the visor from ebay. I just took the advice I read here, ebay'd for "HJC Replacement visor". Saw a gold one for $30, bought it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Helmet man, and I like WORSHIP you! You really put some effort in their man, I SUCK so much at Pepakura! Anyways great Helmet! You saved 10 bucks on the visor! Nice!

Nice pictures, but just a question, why does it look so wide? Just curious, is the helmet that way without the motorcycle visor in it?

AoBfrost said:
Nice pictures, but just a question, why does it look so wide? Just curious, is the helmet that way without the motorcycle visor in it?

It's not. The visor is far too wide and hasn't been trimmed, so it's trying to naturally bow back out to it's shape. That's how I got it held in there right now anyway, bowing out and pinning itself on the sides. It's normal width without it, and once I trim it down it will fit right.

I just have to say, sanding SUCKS. I've got the outside sanded nice and smooth, but the inside is giving me a pain. Some of the fiberglass edges that I laid out didn't sit flat, and theres some pokey bits sticking out. Taking forever to sand them away by hand.

I has no dremel. :(

Hate to double, but hey. I'm finished :)

Spray painting!

spray.jpg

Cutting the visor!

grind.jpg

Wiring up the LEDs

finishedhelmet4.jpg

Sup..

finishedhelmet1.jpg

finishedhelmet3.jpg

And for posterity I had to go gangsta

finishedhelmet2.jpg

Woo!

I've got real minor work to do...installing the fan, padding on the inside and putting gold tape on the visor to simulate the double visor thing, but I class this as finished :)

LOL... nice pic, funny, I took the same one and sent it to a friend who was jealous...

Way to go on geting it built and painted... good luck getting a pad and Fan installed... What is the assembled Height?

Spase said:
LOL... nice pic, funny, I took the same one and sent it to a friend who was jealous...

Way to go on geting it built and painted... good luck getting a pad and Fan installed... What is the assembled Height?

28.2cm.

And yeah, the gangster picture is going to a jealous friend :p Also to my boss who said creating a helmet would be the nerdiest and dumbest thing ever.

I've already got all the stuff for the fan, I just need a switch, so next time I stop by radio shack i'm going to pick one up and just glue it in there. Padding im still trying to sort out, I dont know really what I'm going to do just yet about that. I'd also like to get a neck cover for it.

If there is a local craft store around, stop by and go back to the section where the keep the padding and stuffing for making Stuffed animals and teddy bears and such... I went to Hobby Lobby...

There should have flat, 1/4"-1" Thick Foam sheets... I cut them to fit insidefor the top, then around the sides... and coverd them in Black fabric I also bought... mine are attached with Velcro so that I can pull them out to "air" out the helm...

Just an idea... you can purchase one, but I made mine for 4 dollars, and its just as comfy as my moto helm...

Yeah we've got hobby lobby here. Guess I'll stop by there sometime this week if I get time. They are next to Radioshack so hey, all is well. Plus velcro is already on the table of how I'm going to get the batteries for the LED's and fan to stick in there without sliding everywhere, so I can use left over velcro for the padding.

Chuck Norris said:
nice but you could have not flipped us off

Technically I was flipping off my friend who is jealous of not having one. If it causes an upset, I can take the photo down. Just thought it showed the helmet well.

I'll post a few more pictures when I get home of it.

Very nice helmet.

Did you bondo, then cut out the pieces for the piping/vents, or Bondo before? What's the best order/easiest way to install?

so i see you have glasses eh?

well. so do i, and is tehre a way of keeping your glasses on and still be able to put on the helmet? without haveing the helmet being like 5 sizes bigger? o_O

EDIT:

holy crap... i really need to go to sleep. finally finished up my own helmet today :D well, almost... still needs glassing... if only the covenant can glass my helmet for me... :(

man you look liike someone i knew who moved out of FL but did you do any bondo or sanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back