first attempt at mjolnir armor.
my armor after pepakura / card stock so far:

front view:
w3oqs6m1.gif

side view:
io7dll2o.gif

now i have the rest to do....

great job. :mrgreen:

after you get done, put the fiber glass cloth on, the use the fiber glass, then after you've coated it a few times, sand it, then use a filler (such as bondo) to fill in holes, gaps, or to even it out, then sand that.

Good luck with the rest of it.

Good work so far there Chris!

That's your name, isn't it?

-Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
why yes, yes it is.
clever deduction blue. thumbs up.

can anyone tell me how hard finberglass cloth is to cut??
i dunno if i should get wide rolls and cut it down into strips that fit or if i should just buy it in 3" wide rolls.

Umm, thanks?

Cloth is kinda hard to cut, but just cut it with an X-acto or construction knife and it should be fine. I say cut it in strips, and lay it on the pepakura like paper mache.

-Blue

Woah, woah, calm down tiger. ;-)
Remember, the fiber glass clothe is what to lay down to put your fiber glass on. You can't just use the cloth. :mrgreen:
Def. use an exacto knife or a large pair of scissor is you don't have craft scissors or an exactor knife.

Sarge Christi said:
Woah, woah, calm down tiger. ;-)
Remember, the fiber glass clothe is what to lay down to put your fiber glass on.
You can't just use the cloth. :mrgreen:
Def. use an exacto knife or a large pair of scissor is you don't have craft scissors or an exactor knife.

Wait what do you mean by that???

chrisgo3@aol.com said:
hmm can i cut the fiberglass with saw??? :D
how thin should the fiberglass be? like a sheet?

No, fiber glass is a thick gooey liquid. You should lay around 4 to 5 coats of fiber glass. It should be thick enough so that you don't get cracks and to make your armor tougher.

lol i thot so too. i thot you lay down fiberglass cloth then add resin that hardens and strengthens it so that you can sand and then paint it.

hmm i thot so too.
i thot you use fiberglass cloth + resin that hardens and strengthens it into something armor-like that you can then sand/paint.

Then where do you get this fiberglass goop? :Steve:

You can delete it there should be an [X] by the right side near edit... on your bottom post...

you lay fiberglass cloth dnwn, then coat the fiberglass in resin.

you can find the resin at homedepot or most automotive stores,

and its spell thought, not thot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back