Not open for further replies.

Xavier

And its freaking sweet!

Of course it needs paint and a visor... all in good time though

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

^a cool thing he did was cut vent holes on both side for air flow, look like its meant to be there and is really handy^
IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Oooh. Nifty.

I'm jealous. I want one now.

My cardstock-folding abilities leave something to be desired. ):

Glad to see that there are so many helmets out there now... Looks great, good luck with the assemebly.

not a big fan of his helm and i heard the price is a little high

compared to spase and blue realms are not that much more

Not really

Also, space and BR both make their out of plastic, MLC's is fiberglass, which is much easier to repair than plastics, its as hard at a rock. Also -- if either of them use the same type of plastic that Adam does, then if you drop it the wrong way, it will scratch. I bought an AR from adam, and have been working on it with my pocket knife, it carves like stiff balsa.

Xavier said:
Not really

Also, space and BR both make their out of plastic, MLC's is fiberglass, which is much easier to repair than plastics, its as hard at a rock. Also -- if either of them use the same type of plastic that Adam does, then if you drop it the wrong way, it will scratch. I bought an AR from adam, and have been working on it with my pocket knife, it carves like stiff balsa.

Well... Fiberglass would scratch if you dropped it just as would Spase (my) helms... its the paint that scratches... However, helmets made of plastic molded materials may make deeper scratches easier than fiberglass would if you dropped it on something with an edge, but then fiberglass would crack much sooner than a plastic helmet made from the material I use. Plus, plastics give much more than fiberglass when certain types of stress are applied. Over all fiberglass may be hard as a rock, but plastics and fiberglass are comparable. There is a reason replacement Bumpers on corvettes are made of urethane and not fiberglass... they give on impact rather than shattering. But to each his own, a thousand pros and cons could be listed about each.

Xavier is right though, with a sharp enough knife you can carve a plastic molded helmet if you apply enough pressure.

Over all, I think MLC has a fine helmet, fiberglass or plastic, its all in the details... ultimately its artistic interpretation.

Last edited by a moderator:
... i saw his web page... thingy..... i cannot tell you how jealous i am... also can you pm me the price of one of his helms??? just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back