My Name Is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought when they first came out of warp, it would have been a Halo scene. Very amazing.

Kaya Tetsu said:
I hear its an awesome movie. But my family's gonna wait till it comes out on DVD.
this is usually my course of action, but this is a movie you are going to want to see on the big screen... comedies, drama, thrillers, all of these can be seen on dvd and get the whole effect. but big blockbuster action movies need to be seen on the big screen... the cg and action scenes in this are far to great to only be seen on a small screen

Last edited by a moderator:
DreadMullet said:
this is usually my course of action, but this is a movie you are going to want to see on the big screen... comedies, drama, thrillers, all of these can be seen on dvd and get the whole effect. but big blockbuster action movies need to be seen on the big screen... the cg and action scenes in this are far to great to only be seen on a small screen
I agree.

This is one of those movies that EVERYONE needs to see in theaters.

box o crayons said:
unless you have a projector at home with surround sound muahahahahah
You can compare it to whatever you want, but it will never be the same.

^ agreed. I didnt even see it in imax, but it was just so awesome. It was like you were actually there right in the middle of it all. They definately didnt hold back on the sound it was incredible.

box o crayons said:
unless you have a projector at home with surround sound muahahahahah

LOL infact I do! But yeah its still not as big as it was in the theater

RedTogusa said:
I went with the wife to see it last night. She loved it. As soon as the film finished she was like "That was flipping awesome!" As for me, I must admit it was pretty good, far better than Wolverine which was dissapointing.
I thought it was well acted, managed to replicate well the humor of the older Trek movies and had some amazing special effects.
That being said something inside me is telling me not to like this movie. It was an outstanding sci-fi movie but it didn't wholey feel like 'Star Trek' to me. Maybe it's my diehard inside trekkie nerd not liking the direction they've taken.
But I must supress that feeling as none can deny that it was a damned good film.

I saw it last night and WOW! It rocked in my oppinion. I also found out that true Star Trek fans say they are "Trekers". But dont feel bad, I was calling them Trekies for along time. If you havent seen it yet.....GO!

My wife and I went to go see it Friday the day it came out. I thought there would be hords of people there. So we Fandango'd the tickets cause I didn't want to wait in line like a spaze. Anyway... to my surprise to the movie rocked. Even my wife liked it who does not even care for StarTrek. All and all everybody needs to go see it, you won't be dissappointed. Oh... get ready for intense scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back