My new Halo game idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasn't their a guy that made a whole world map on skyrim for the pc and he now works for bungie... find the others and we might have ourselves a game before halo 5.

if any of you have played transformers war for cybertron, you know how you can play as autobot or decepticon. in our case unsc or cov. also, the storyline is also interlocked on both sides. i just want to put that out there because i saw the storyline for both sides post.

I'm in the process of extracting all the scenery assets from H4, which I will then replace current models and textures with the Halo models and textures. Actually having the assets ripped from a halo game will make the production go a lot easier and faster and will also help make it feel like a Halo game. I really enjoy environmental design for video games. Once I get all the models and maps figured out I'll start creating a world. I'm not sure if I will have to do some major editing to the programming to allow guns to be implemented (like creating a whole new weapon class(es) instead of swapping out a mesh of a crossbow) or if adding a weapon class would be simple within the creation toolkit. So no matter what, this project is a go for me. If anyone wants to help, feel free to offer any assistance you can give. I'll ask LoneWolf260 if he wants to add progress pictures in this thread or create a new thread dedicated to the development of this project.

I also have an idea to replace the dragon fights. Instead of a dragon, it will be a covenant or UNSC dropship that comes down and drops off troops which you will then fight off and get a reward for defeating the hoard of enemies.

I'm in the process of extracting all the scenery assets from H4, which I will then replace current models and textures with the Halo models and textures. Actually having the assets ripped from a halo game will make the production go a lot easier and faster and will also help make it feel like a Halo game. I really enjoy environmental design for video games. Once I get all the models and maps figured out I'll start creating a world. I'm not sure if I will have to do some major editing to the programming to allow guns to be implemented (like creating a whole new weapon class(es) instead of swapping out a mesh of a crossbow) or if adding a weapon class would be simple within the creation toolkit. So no matter what, this project is a go for me. If anyone wants to help, feel free to offer any assistance you can give. I'll ask LoneWolf260 if he wants to add progress pictures in this thread or create a new thread dedicated to the development of this project.

I also have an idea to replace the dragon fights. Instead of a dragon, it will be a covenant or UNSC dropship that comes down and drops off troops which you will then fight off and get a reward for defeating the hoard of enemies.

i can see this being a good game. love the dropship idea. and also, we need some peopleon concept art of some areas. lastly, is there any ideas of taking some halo maps and placng iconic locations from the halo series into the map.

I don't know if I'd dive into using past places I'd start the war on a whole new area like earth or a new forerunner planet make your own universe type idea kinda like star wars you choose the planet or area cause your gonna have to deal with some copyright laws and infringement as for guns swords take energy sword textures replace um do some file browsing in halo or make up stats to replace the swords att dam and dur same with bows replace files and change arrows to bullets increase fire speed and change draw and load times on the arrows to match a gun again change dam att dur and such should be pretty easy if you know enough to change out textures

Along those same lines for some major bosses I would throw in frigates and cruisers or corvettez like infinity or forward unto or dawn or such as major battles like fight thru waves and hide from major artillery from the ships then they keep deploying drop ships and drop pods and such till you reach a point then you board ship and fight on the inside maybe the final step is fighting a rouge ai to turn off the engines have it plunge into the surface have the hero kick open paneling and walk out victorious just a idea or if you wanna do a half way point character change for humans have the marine fall from the ship and be barely alive and to survive make him a spartan kinda a reward for doing great work as a marine just some ideas you guys are making me wanna write a story lol

I'd love to place some Iconic maps within the game. It shouldn't be too difficult to do. The only question is what iconic locations would the community like to see?

Right now I will be designing and developing the base of the game using the Halo 4 assets. I'm thinking we'll introduce assets from earlier Halo games when I can extract the assets from the soon-to-be-released MC Collection (because of better graphics), and eventually with halo 5 (hopefully.) This way we can start off and get a solid structure and slowly add in the different armor permutations and gun variants (like having the player be able to choose whether they want the Reach AR or the H4 AR, the H2 BR or the H4 BR, etc. Having every weapon from every Halo available.)

I think, technically, we can't get sued because we are not making a profit from the game, or mod, rather, and we are acknowledging that 343i owns all their material and Bathesda owns their material. It would fall under the "Fair Use Act"....I think.

The world is going to be completely new. We are not recreating the Halo maps, just using their geometry and textures so that it feels like a Halo environment. But I do like the idea of placing the iconic locations around

Replacing the weapon mesh and texture and changing weapon stats are simple enough to do. My concern falls to animations and weapon characteristics of ranged weapons. Seeing as Skyrim has crossbows and bows, the rigging of the player holding the crossbow would make for an easy mesh swap, but the reloading animation will have to be reworked. Also defining the characteristics of the projectile itself, which I imagine should be fairly simple to adjust the velocity of. Then the issue arises with shooting more than once before the reload action is required. A little more than swapping meshes and editing attributes.

I like the idea of space battles. Piloting a ship to destroy covenant vessels with your MAC rounds and Archer missiles, shooting plasma torpedos at UNSC frigates, deploying dropships to infiltrate enemy planets, ships, space stations. Hopefully we will be able to get to that eventually.

If you want to start writing up storylines for the game, please feel free to do so haha. This is still just full of, What-if's and It'd-be-cool-to-do-this'. Hopefully soon we'll have some actual development progress

you know what lets use the one's they had in halo 3 most of them are better then the new maps.

places like, say going to new mombasa and having headlong interworked into it and once you get into headlong, you have a firefight, or the the piller of autumn area from halo reach and you can go there to travel to other worlds. and have a option to have a homeworld and choose a location there to have a house and you can forge the inside of your house. lol went a bit much on that one.but you get the point.

Ok so on that idea i would make a world then have 4 or 5 areas like new mombasa have it as a huge open world and then at level such and such go to a different city then to a under water area then a space academy so you could add multiple iconic areas kinda like the new kotor but on a bigger meets skyrim but halo infused scale and with that idea I think every so often dlc might be a new planet with 4 or 5 new areas like after 6 months add a forerunner planet 6 later a covies home world keep with the open world feel but add different world's and area that could incorporate the space aspect and the huge armada fights as you rank up you get command or assigned to better ships with more equipment and better stats better ai interfaces and training techs like stage one you get 100 marines a couple of pumas lol and a pelican stage 2 is more troops more vehicles and a artillery and so on

Ok so on that idea i would make a world then have 4 or 5 areas like new mombasa have it as a huge open world and then at level such and such go to a different city then to a under water area then a space academy so you could add multiple iconic areas kinda like the new kotor but on a bigger meets skyrim but halo infused scale and with that idea I think every so often dlc might be a new planet with 4 or 5 new areas like after 6 months add a forerunner planet 6 later a covies home world keep with the open world feel but add different world's and area that could incorporate the space aspect and the huge armada fights as you rank up you get command or assigned to better ships with more equipment and better stats better ai interfaces and training techs like stage one you get 100 marines a couple of pumas lol and a pelican stage 2 is more troops more vehicles and a artillery and so on

thats what i mean, have halofied skyrim openworld and make it a mmorpg, and if this comes to reality, i would LOVE to be a beta tester! also if this comes out before halo 5, we could have a dlc for agent locke and make some hugeevent wekthing for it where you get some cool item or weapon or weapon/armor skin! .... im going onagain arent i...

yes goku you are..

plus how would we do the credit system, I mean in halo lore you can't take money from the dead maybe if we did the thing in Thursday's war were you trade in equipment and weapons and armor you'd get money but can't by any other means, plus I'm just throwing this out human weapons minus halo 4's cheap like less then 500 dollars, I know in the book an assault rifle was like 400 something.

now can there be some way to make brute helmets a trophy item like you killed a cheifen and you want it's hat to mount on your wall. plus the house drigens from the DLS would be nice. like you start off with a small outpost and the more stuff you bring back the bigger it gets. example.

you took out a rebel out post: you recovered the following items: snipers nest, pill box, com tower, two hogs, and a falcon. (other missions you'd get other things like if you capture a covenant gun position you can move troops to hold it and use it or move it to you're base< (this part would take time to do.)

Idk if I'd do mmorpg cause of the whole dungeon and group raids and wait times I'd keep with being able to loan wolf the game or work together if you choose that way there's no lvl restrictions per say to where you have to be lvl 50 with lvl 62 gear and all that but just my thought

thats what i mean, have halofied skyrim openworld and make it a mmorpg, and if this comes to reality, i would LOVE to be a beta tester! also if this comes out before halo 5, we could have a dlc for agent locke and make some hugeevent wekthing for it where you get some cool item or weapon or weapon/armor skin! .... im going onagain arent i...

Haha well the plan is to actually heavily modify Skyrim, so it would literally be a re-shelled Skyrim, the only thing left of Skyrim by the time we're done is the engine running everything. Sadly it would only be for PC though. If we end up not being able to mod the crap out of skyrim to get it to work, our back-up plan will be to use either Unity or Unreal Engine. I'm pretty sure we can do everything through modding Skyrim, though some programming may need to happen.

As it stands right now, the plan is:

Title Screen leading into game intro

Choose to be Covenant or Human

Choose race within the Covenant or UNSC

Character Customization (anatomy, not armor)

Both sides start in their own starting world (in this case their own side of the map).

Then we have the starting area where you learn the basics (like a mini tutorial) where you are ordered to shoot dummies for target practice, sent to retrieve items, whatever, to learn the controls, feel of the game, and to level up a little bit.

Then after that you graduate your "boot camp" and get a special cut scene (hopefully we can do custom animations in-game, like the beginning of skyrim with the execution).

Upon Graduation you are to choose your specialty, along with each race having a unique specialty. This chosen specialty can be changed at any time and they give little bonuses, for example if you choose to be a spartan and chose the pathfinder specialty, you gain 5% extra EXP or Scout will give you a 5% accuracy bonus, something like that. Then you are given your standard armor. As you progress you will then be able to find or craft any armor from any halo game and mix and match (So a default Reach chest with H3 thighs, H3 Hayabusa shoulder perms on Halo 4 MC bicep pieces, H4 contoured shins with H2 Helmet, literally any combination of any armor piece from any Halo game). However, a Marine can't wear Spartan armor and Vice Versa, etc.

Then the world is open from there. On one side of the map is the covenant invasion base, the other, the UNSC base. The main story line will take you through the journey of defeating the covenant invasion or destroying man-kind forever, while side missions allow you to unlock special abilities, armor perms, weapons, etc.

will there be rebels?

Yes. I figured there could be rebel outposts scattered around the world with there being a large city that the rebels overtook and use as their main HQ, as well as smaller cities occupied by both rebels and covenant (not at the same time) that you have to take back. The main story line would be the fight with Covenant forces but the secondary story line would be against the rebels, all happening at the same time. I would like to figure out a way to have progression from one story line effect the other but we'll get there when the time comes.

A little off topic but I've always wanted them to make an open world Pokemon game (like Skyrim, not a top-down 2d "open world"), combining all the regions and generations, then add the new generations as DLC. Why is Nintendo not doing this? It would rake in so much money.

There is a Minecraft PC mod (server?) for this.
I've seen videos of it, and while it isn't perfect, I think it is done well for coming from Minecraft.

But as far as this idea goes, why not just cross Reach Invasion with Star Wars Battlefront? The addition of bots is what made that game fantastic.

There is a Minecraft PC mod (server?) for this.
I've seen videos of it, and while it isn't perfect, I think it is done well for coming from Minecraft.

Yeah I saw videos of it as well. It looked pretty interesting but I'm not much of a Minecraft person haha. It got me through classes in high school, back in its pre-Alpha/Alpha phase, but I haven't played it but maybe once since then.

okay demo once we get the status's out of the way send me a copy of the for the halo D&D I've got going either I'm going to get this going before both of these of when it comes out. now it's back to the D&D forums for me hope I don't get trolled two much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back